User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Now who said he wanted him sacked right away without a plan in place? We've had this discussion before and nobody is suggesting he goes tomorrow without the board doing their proper research.
    I don't know i think your speaking for yourself, the poster below you seems to suggest sack Wenger and let the chips fall where they may.

The right time was at the end of last season to encourage Wenger to step aside and go out on a high after the FA Cup, to be honest i think even Wenger himself would have been ammenable to that but at that time the club had no plan in place to replace him which is in itself worrying (and doesn't fill you with the highest confidence that they'd do the best job in bringing in a replacement if he were to go suddenly as opposed to the end of a campaign)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce Rioch was sacked just before the 96/97 season.

But that is back in another age so irrelevant to today.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    i'm not the one who first mentioned him, the transistion between him and Wenger though is not a good example of efficacious planning by the Arsenal board.

I'd like to think that what appears to be Gazidis bringing in Jonker and Forsythe is part of a strategy of post-Wenger planning.

My feelings are still very much that Bould is being groomed to be the manager, and that he will preside over a much larger coaching team and won't have the same almost unquestioned authority that Wenger has over club affairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even sure what else to say....though there were those who thought we would win out of sheer odds!

Fabregas didn't even have to play THAT good to make the difference,stand out and get man of the match. We actually had a debate on this board about whether or not Costa was good enough for Arsenal!

If he doesn't score another goal all season you'd still be hard pressed to write him off as a purchase completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I don't know i think your speaking for yourself, the poster below you seems to suggest sack Wenger and let the chips fall where they may.

The right time was at the end of last season to encourage Wenger to step aside and go out on a high after the FA Cup, to be honest i think even Wenger himself would have been ammenable to that but at that time the club had no plan in place to replace him which is in itself worrying (and doesn't fill you with the highest confidence that they'd do the best job in bringing in a replacement if he were to go suddenly as opposed to the end of a campaign)
    Prior to that one post, nobody was suggesting that. Global can speak for himself, but it sounds to
    Me as if he's saying we have an infrastructure already in place with Ivan and Bould there. We couldn't just fall apart without Wenger and that was the partly why we built the stadium. We were looking beyond Wenger when planning. We could have one or two rough seasons during the transition but we shouldn't crumble.

Saying that, I hope we have people at Board level thinking long term. They must be if Stan wants to continue picking up a cheque from the money generated. I can't imagine them sacking Wenger without knowing they have the right candidate coming in to replace him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lost because of Wenger, simple as.

Chelsea have shown that with enough planing and hard work, this Arsenal team can be beaten in different ways and their last two victories prove that.

I really dont know where to start but the main things we can take from Sunday are that Ozil is AW's bum chum and wont be taken off unless injured of sent off, Wenger has no clue about how to beat a proper side and the 11 that started the game would have tested Chelsea a lot more had Wenger not been in charge. Give those 11 that started the game to a Martinez, Koeman, even Allardyce and i guarentee they would have made a game of it. However, the manager we have is holding us back and continues to cost us big games and the players probably know that by now. Mourinho's record over Arsenal in 12 games reads won 7 drawn 5 and this is enough proof that the clown we have is toast and probably easier to beat then the other 18 clubs.

I thought Flamini was a lot better than recently and was in their faces and desrupted their game and our best player on the day was probably Cazorla who i thought had his best game for us in a long time. He created a lot of space for himself and didnt surrender posession usual when under pressure. To be take off must have felt like crap and i wouldnt blame him for kicking up a fuss, he was growing into the game and had our only two shots (allbeit of target) ad well as creating most of our half chances. jack wasnt too bad either and was the only one prepared to drive at their back 4.

Ozil was at his most frustrating and the way he was brushed off the ball was simply unacceptable. yes he started of on the left (WTF was that about anyway? and where was the OX after his display against Gala?) but he has no excuses and really should have come at HT. Howeverm the mug we have in charge saw differently and kept him on for the entire game and took off our most threatning players in Jack, Santi and Sanchez. just look at Chelsea's number 10, oscar, he was blocking shots, winning the bal back and thorwing his body on the line like a CB. Wenger for me is to blame for Ozil's lack of effort and weakness on the ball and its just anoher reason why this man simply has to go.

Although we were beaten with ease and by a better team, i thought the way Chelsea kept fouling and fouling and breaking up our counter attacks while going unounsihed by the ref was bordering on corrupt. Oscar commited 4 fouls before being booked in the 84th minute FFS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Not even sure what else to say....though there were those who thought we would win out of sheer odds!

Fabregas didn't even have to play THAT good to make the difference,stand out and get man of the match. We actually had a debate on this board about whether or not Costa was good enough for Arsenal!

If he doesn't score another goal all season you'd still be hard pressed to write him off as a purchase completely.
    Call me crazy, but I'm still not wowed by Diego Costa. His goal record is impressive and he's proven he's not just having a run of good form. I was wrong about that. But I still don't see him producing that type of form for Arsenal. Chelsea and Atletico are more direct teams and I still think he'd have to adjust more to the tippy tappy crap we play. I'm thinking of his performances for Spain where he's struggled a bit.

He reminds me of Drogba and he's perfect for Chelsea. The goal he scored against us are the type of goals we just don't score. We wouldn't have played it long and we don't have Cesc. Our playmakers are really struggling to create opportunities at the moment. But saying that, I'd still take him over anything else we have in our team. But he wouldn't be high up on my list if we had a choice of strikers like we had in past transfer windows. I'd prefer a more Aguero type than a Dzeko type player if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    i'm not the one who first mentioned him, the transistion between him and Wenger though is not a good example of efficacious planning by the Arsenal board.

I'd like to think that what appears to be Gazidis bringing in Jonker and Forsythe is part of a strategy of post-Wenger planning.

My feelings are still very much that Bould is being groomed to be the manager, and that he will preside over a much larger coaching team and won't have the same almost unquestioned authority that Wenger has over club affairs.
    Regards your reference to Bould, I am actually coming round to that line of thinking. As much as he may not be the marquee manager some would like, right now I don't think I would mind especially if all he had to do was focus on the team and it's performance on the pitch ....with the right support structure around him.

Now I have no proof/evidence that he would be the right man, and he has no track record at the top level of the game ..winning titles etc, but I think he understands the requirements in this league, loves the club and wouldn't take shit from anyone. Hardly the qualification credentials you need but I don't know, maybe I'm just desperate to see Wenger step aside.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to Dein to return to Arsenal. I'd feel more comfortable with the transition if he was still on board. I don't see why not since the majority of the old Board members are gone. But I guess that murky business with Usmanov rules him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koscielny has conceded th most pels since 2010 (6).

clumsy.