User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Arsenal v Man City EPL Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Needs to learn how to clear the halfway line though. His kicking is ridiculously bad.
    That is true, there were two goal kicks I can remember that dropped us in it, one in the last 10 minutes when we'd just weathered a storm and needed to get a spell of possession under our belts to wind out the clock and relieve the pressure, I think that move ended up with the equaliser. But there were mistakes further down the line from then, unfair to put the blame solely on Szcz for that.

And like you say, two magnificent saves to bail us out when we needed him.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is szcesney coming in for criticism ? His kicking on saturday wasn't great, but he is a keeper who can make match defining saves and made quite a few last season. He also jointly won the golden glove. He's a dam good keeper.

I don't think he was at fault for the first goal, yes with the second he should have done more however his save v dzecko was outstanding. Last season, I can think of three stunning saves that turned matches. One against spurs at home in the league. Defoe takes a shot, hits koscienly, deflects towards the corner of the goal after szcesney starts to move the wrong way. Changes direction and saves it. If that had gone in, the crowd would have turned and I doubt we would have won. Another was at 1-0 v crystal palace when he saves a volley, and the other was at cardiff at 1-0, when a header came from about 2 yards out and he got down to save it. In fact, another has sprung to mind, his save in the dying minutes against van persie.

Hes bloody good keeper who didn't have the best overall game but still produced a match defining save. I don't understand why people want him dropped or say that he won't make match defining saves. He has done and will continue to do so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Ches' turn to be slaughtered. Everyone gets a fair crack of the whip. In the next game Debuchy will be slaughtered for being anonymous.
    Für eure Sicherheit