Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    *sigh*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638

How far are we going to go with this?
    If it's on a target list for attack why don't the coppers keep an eye on it and then seriously fuck up any wanker that tries to deface it? I'm not so sure on the new rules. Am I now allowed to throw a brick through a window in front of a copper? Or do I have to be pulling down a statue or spray painting shit all over the road to get away with it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least the debate on guns is over, once and for all. They should be immediately made legal again, so people can defend themselves and their property against rampaging zombies herds, given the police have decided not to bother.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what "he was very open about his views against homosexuality" even means when used about someone who lived in an era where it was literally illegal to bum someone
    The Nazi stuff, fine. But someone can have dodgy views and still, overall, make the world a better place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think there’s a case for arming our police. Seen so many clips of people taking the absolute piss and the cops looking totally helpless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If it's on a target list for attack why don't the coppers keep an eye on it and then seriously fuck up any wanker that tries to deface it?
    that's far too advanced a strategy for our British bobbies I'm afraid - it's the same as how there's young tossers speeding up and down our nearest straight long road every evening and the cops don't think to just stake it out and nick everyone as they zoom past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I do think there’s a case for arming our police. Seen so many clips of people taking the absolute piss and the cops looking totally helpless.
    that will just escalate violence and fatalities a hundred-fold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There is a case for that. Not something I agree with personally but I do see the argument.
    I don't want to go all 2nd amendment and start letting people buy machine guns in ASDA though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    that will just escalate violence and fatalities a hundred-fold
    Possibly but there’s also a higher chance of keeping order. I wouldn’t be in favour of arming them in low risk scenarios but for things like protests which are likely to involve violence then maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't know what "he was very open about his views against homosexuality" even means when used about someone who lived in an era where it was literally illegal to bum someone
    The Nazi stuff, fine. But someone can have dodgy views and still, overall, make the world a better place.
    Not sure he was being honoured for any of that. If we're going to dig into every last detail about anyone with a statue, only Wenger's will be left standing.

But that's the point of this, isn't it? To erase the history of the nation. That's commie playbook 101. A brave new world where he who controls the past controls the future.

So far this "justice" movement wants to:

Burn books
    Burn unapproved film and TV
    Tear down historical monuments
    Sack anyone who doesn't agree with them
    Defund the police
    Destroy the atomic family
    Destroy religion
    Pack every position of authority and influence with minorities, regardless of merit
    Censor all opposition off the Internet
    Have white people kneel and apologise

It's an interesting manifesto, to be sure. But I suspect 99.99% of the population, including the vast majority of the black community, doesn't support it, doesn't want it and doesn't think it's at all sane.

Nevertheless, it's a free country so let them form a party and stand on that manifesto. Surely they have thought all this through and are confident enough in their own ideals and objectives to put it to the people?

I mean, they aren't suggesting we do all this shit WITHOUT the consent of the people, are thy? Because if so, we know what that makes them. And we know how to deal with that. And history has shown us repeatedly what happens when you don't deal, decisively, with that.
    Für eure Sicherheit