User Tag List

Page 184 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Our main concern is getting the player to improve our team. We are in no position to play poker with them over valuations, we gain nothing from walking away from this deal, especially seeing as we are what 10million apart in valuations at the moment.

Our first team isn't by any means strong and our squad is on the whole pretty shoddy, we need players of the profile of Auba to improve us and to also give other potential targets more of an incentive to want join us.

We know Auba wants the move, we know what Dortmund value him at, we should pay the fucking money and get this deal done.

P.S. I highly doubt Dortmund will back down from their valuation, they managed to get 100million from Barca for Dembele in the summer and he went on strike to force the move!
    Dembele is 20 and Barcelona had money burning a hole in their pocket after selling Neymar

Aubemeyang has been at Dortmund for almost five years, and so far no club has been willing to meet their valuation for him. And if Dortmund want to sell him which they will as they aren’t as stupid as us to let their players run down their contract they will have to accept a lower amount for him than they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    £3 million here and there all adds up and affects us.

What if we lose out on another more important player in the summer because we're short of £3 million for the deal and with Kroenke refusing to put his hand into his pocket, we've got no other source of finance? City & Utd don't have that worry.
    We have a quarter of a billion quid in the bank at that number has been rising season on season. I doubt we'll be short 3 mill or 30 mill any time soon. There's more TV money sloshing around than ever, more sponsorship deals on the table, and we scalp the fans with the highest prices in the world. There's no reasonable defence that could be mounted for the behaviour of this club. Their eye is not on the football. It is elsewhere.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    My understanding is they want £53m and we're offering £50m.

It seems unlikely to me that either party would make a stand over this amount. Everything I’ve seen is that the second bid we made was 44million (equivalent to 48million euros) and Dortmund want 61million Euros (about 55 million quid)

Dortmund have made a statement today saying they still want to sell (which would seem unusual for a club that feels it doesn’t have to sell)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    £3 million here and there all adds up and affects us.

What if we lose out on another more important player in the summer because we're short of £3 million for the deal and with Kroenke refusing to put his hand into his pocket, we've got no other source of finance? City & Utd don't have that worry.
    TEG, the money is there, this Auba deal and many of our long drawn out transfer sagas seem to be related to our principles and valuations more than us not having the funds to complete the deals.

We have form for this kind of thing, it has happened many times before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    It seems unlikely to me that either party would make a stand over this amount. Everything I’ve seen is that the second bid we made was 44million (equivalent to 48million euros) and Dortmund want 61million Euros (about 55 million quid)

Dortmund have made a statement today saying they still want to sell (which would seem unusual for a club that feels it doesn’t have to sell)
    I can definetly believe that we're haggling over £3m. This is Arsenal. We bid £1 over £40m to activate a release clause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    TEG, the money is there, this Auba deal and many of our long drawn out transfer sagas seem to be related to our principles and valuations more than us not having the funds to complete the deals.

We have form for this kind of thing, it has happened many times before.
    He's acting as if we're a league 1 cash strapped club

TEG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele is 20 and Barcelona had money burning a hole in their pocket after selling Neymar

Aubemeyang has been at Dortmund for almost five years, and so far no club has been willing to meet their valuation for him. And if Dortmund want to sell him which they will as they aren’t as stupid as us to let their players run down their contract they will have to accept a lower amount for him than they want.
    I used the Dembele example more for the reason that Dortmund won't bend over for us, Zorc has a reputation for being a tough negotiator.

Well I don't think it's quite as simple as that, ultimately they will accept what they deem a suitable price for the player, of course they want to sell him but if he was that much of a problem they wouldn't play him, he's playing for them right now!!!

We can continue lowballing them but we stand to gain nothing from doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's acting as if we're a league 1 cash strapped club

TEG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They want time and money to get a replacement in. Our fucking around is costing them the time they need to make sure they are sorted when the window closes. We get a player, they lose their top scorer. They asked for Bif and we wouldn't do it. I think they even asked for him on loan, which would have been ideal (not Wenger ideal, but English dictionary ideal). Bif's looking to get some game time so he can make the World Cup, Dortmund get their cover until the summer, we get a big name signing that plugs a few holes in the ship. The truth is Arsenal (Wenger) is one giant fuck up in the transfer window. So many examples of it. This joke of a man costs us time and time again, on the pitch, off the pitch. And the bloodsuckers in the boardroom, same deal. The Kroenke/ Wenger combo - cancer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    I can definetly believe that we're haggling over £3m. This is Arsenal. We bid £1 over £40m to activate a release clause.
    If the release clause says any amount over will trigger the release clause why would you pay loads more?

If you wanted to get a new car that was 19,900 would you pay 20k just so you don’t look like a cheap skate?

The joke with that is that these release causes only mean a shit if the player makes a big deal over it. You think if Suárez had wanted to come here he’d have sued Liverpool over breach of contract.
    Last edited by HCZ; 27-01-2018 at 03:21 PM.