User Tag List

Page 185 of 322 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Ozil wants to stay, he’s got it cushy here.

We need him off the wage bill so we can rebuild. Getting rid of him should be top of the to-do list this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, could be a tactic so he can leave and say he was forced out. He has a pretty good PR team. Further weakens our negotiations though.

But he has 2 years left of his contract and at 30 he has to be skipped on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Cech
    Lichtsteiner
    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Elneny
    Chambers
    Asano
    Ramsey
    Mkhitaryan
    Ozil
    Monreal

Only regret is Ramsey there but couldn't be fucked if the rest left tbh, if we got any money out of it I'd be over the moon.

We need to start again and go back to basics.
    Good list. I wouldnt mind keeping Monreal and Jenks out of the lot as backup players.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have to add Xhaka to that list the guy causes more goals for the opposition than he stops. Also Welbeck is out of contract, shouldn't offer this guy a new one either, he's always injured.
    Last edited by Özim; 02-05-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Be lucky to get 50 million for that lot. And yes Ozil, won't be a part of it.
    We will be lucky to shift Ozil or Mkhi. They are both on big wages, the best we can hope for is loans out and I suspect we will have to pay half of their wage to subsidise the loans

I think we will have trouble shifting Mustafi too, could also be a loan.

We are in a real sticky situation with our squad, we are going to need to be super smart with our recruitment given we seem to have a limited budget. CL qualification is absolutely crucial TBH, more so now than ever before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Good list. I wouldnt mind keeping Monreal and Jenks out of the lot as backup players.
    I agree re Monreal, i think people are being way too quick to write him off. And i agree with Ozim re getting rid of Xhaka and Welbeck

Tbh the more players we're prepared/able to shift the more we really can put a proper rebuild in place. With people like Nelson coming through and Holding and Hector returning from injury, if we can get of the deadwood and make some good new signings we could have a really fresh look about us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I agree re Monreal, i think people are being way too quick to write him off. And i agree with Ozim re getting rid of Xhaka and Welbeck

Tbh the more players we're prepared/able to shift the more we really can put a proper rebuild in place. With people like Nelson coming through and Holding and Hector returning from injury, if we can get of the deadwood and make some good new signings we could have a really fresh look about us
    i would be tempted to keep Welbeck, only because surely he is cheaper than having to find a new player to be 3rd choice and know what you are going to get. It would be better to focus on the many other areas of the team.

of that list the only ones we might get cash for are Chambers (English), Elneny.

Ramsey leaving on a free, Cech retiring. Lichsteiner we got on a free and old. Jenks might get £5m but it would be a championship club or again we could keep him as back up to Bellerin and let AMN play in midfield. After Ramsey, Elneny leave. Cant see Ozil or Mukhi leaving as who will pay them the silly money we do. Mustafi again.... people have seen him play so who would be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the clear out many want won't happen and that if it did happen...we wouldn't adequately replace the dearly departed.

The work cannot all be done in one window I'm afraid.

For that reason as well as limited funds I would keep Monreal, Koscielny and would be inclined to keep at least one of Ozil and Mhki unless they are sufficiently replaced.

I'd be happy to keep Xhaka, because he is the best we have and losing him won't make us stronger. Our build up play looks lacking far too often without him. IF the club are adamant they want to replace him though and they replace him with somebody better, then be my guest.

I think we should be highlighting 2-3 players of top quality this summer with a realistic budget in mind.

1. Top Centre half
    2. Top wide player with cutting edge!
    3. A Top central midfielder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Of course Ozil wants to stay, he’s got it cushy here.

We need him off the wage bill so we can rebuild. Getting rid of him should be top of the to-do list this summer.
    Completely disagree with this. He's one of our best players. Emery has hardly played him though which isn't Ozil's fault.
    Personally I'd rather Emery start using him but I guess if Emery's not going to not play him then he should sell him, it's ridiculous to have a player on those wages sitting on the bench.
    If him and Ramsey going it weakens our squad and needs addressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has become a regular again in the past few months but when you can’t rely on Ozil away from home (even more so than the others) then I can see why he’s been dropped. 5 goals and 2 assists from 23 PL games is piss poor. On paper he’s one of our best players but it doesn’t translate onto the pitch enough.