User Tag List

Page 186 of 707 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This lockdown is starting to sound like Jack-the-Lad's Building firm. When will it be ready? 2 weeks! Every 2 weeks.

Mr government man, when can we go outside? 3 weeks. Every 3 weeks.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure you guys stick to lockdown because Boris tells you to, meanwhile i'll just continue to go out and about as much as i like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    sure you guys stick to lockdown because Boris tells you to, meanwhile i'll just continue to go out and about as much as i like...

Not if I tell on you, you won't.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Sturgeon has just announced lockdown extended in Scotland though for a further 3 weeks so cant see Boris announcing massively different measures given all four governments are trying to stay in line with each other on lockdown
    I think at the very least we might be able to visit other households. Don’t see much changing in terms of the infrastructure of the country though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, the government wants to stop paying for fuloughed staff soon - the talk is of a June/July cutoff point for the furlough scheme, at which point if things haven't got going again companies will start laying people off by the thousand because they can't afford to pay them to sit on their arses

plus there's the thousands of people who can't pay their rent, who around the same time will get to the end of their three-month eviction postponement period and be out on the street

it's going to be a total sh*tshow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much. I think a lot of people who have been furloughed may well end up getting made redundant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a lot of people I work with are treating this like a holiday but I'm never going to see some of them again.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some staff will have been furloughed because, say, the shop they work in is closed. If their shop survives they'll still probably have a job.
    People in offices...yeah, their employers might just be realising they don't really need those people.
    One of the reasons I'm pleased I wasn't furloughed, they might have noticed that they can get by just fine without me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The thing is, the government wants to stop paying for fuloughed staff soon - the talk is of a June/July cutoff point for the furlough scheme, at which point if things haven't got going again companies will start laying people off by the thousand because they can't afford to pay them to sit on their arses

plus there's the thousands of people who can't pay their rent, who around the same time will get to the end of their three-month eviction postponement period and be out on the street

it's going to be a total sh*tshow
    I know!

This is something I just came up with btw, so if you see it mentioned elsewhere in the coming days you'll know they nicked it from me.

What if the government hired some of those people, maybe thousands of them, to help enforce social distancing, tracing, and stuff like that?

They could have a uniform so the public would be able to spot them on the streets and get help if they needed it.

A nice brown shirt, black trousers. Smart. Topped off with a nice pair of calf length boots.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well some of them will probably be able to get jobs at the DWP to process all the claims for Universal Credit...