User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Napoli v Arsenal match reaction - let the bed wetting begin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It was a good result based on how the match went. It could well have been worse. It is doubtful any of us wanted the draw prior to it. But Everton got the result they deserved.
    I agree that Everton deserved a draw based on the match, but a lot of people seemed content with a draw, personally I really wanted a win out of this given we were at home, top of the league and had 2 tougher games coming up after it.

If you're top of the league on merit then you shouldn't be scared of anyone particularly at home and should be looking to win any game at home, there was a time when we thought we could get results anywhere and against anyone even when not top of the league.

We now need to up our game in the next two games to get a decent haul of points IMO which is going to be very tough, given how tired we look and our form. I agree with the opinion that AW is a sometimes a bit too negative when he has something to protect, rather than going out to beat teams he'll try and shut up shop and this disrupts our game.

If we do this against City and Chelsea we'll lose both games IMO, but I fear AW will look at our lead in the league and decide we should play for a draw (whilst a draw is fine at City we shouldn't setup to play for it from the off).
    Last edited by Özim; 13-12-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It was a good result based on how the match went. It could well have been worse. It is doubtful any of us wanted the draw prior to it. But Everton got the result they deserved.
    Pretty much. Everyone wanted three points, but when you consider all factors, you understand that you can't win every game.

I'm sure Utd would take a point from their game with Everton (in hindsight). And they're the champions.

Only City have beaten them this season, and they had only conceeded one in the last six. The form team in the league, and full of belief after beating Utd. They were a handful, and whilst we played a bit below par, you can't expect every result to be a win. The invincibles had their fair share of draws I believe.

Dear me.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well summarised on that last post Dein-Machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strip everything away, this was a game that league champions would be expected to win at home. We didn't - and we've gone on to capitulate against Napoli and Citeh.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Strip everything away, this was a game that league champions would be expected to win at home. We didn't - and we've gone on to capitulate against Napoli and Citeh.
    Yep, the Chelsea game is now a must win.

I mentioned this before in the week...but we really have to be consistent and hope we do not drop many more points, if we do....drop points I could see us getting sucked right into the battle for top 4 and I really do not fancy that battle this season as the likes of Liverpool and Everton have massively improved and look very good teams. Let's not forget Man U who will most likely put a run together at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, the Chelsea game is now a must win.

I mentioned this before in the week...but we really have to be consistent and hope we do not drop many more points, if we do....drop points I could see us getting sucked right into the battle for top 4 and I really do not fancy that battle this season as the likes of Liverpool and Everton have massively improved and look very good teams. Let's not forget Man U who will most likely put a run together at some point.
    Even more important now. Win this, and we start to look more like value for money at the top. Lose, and we become also rans again.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter