User Tag List

Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly don’t know how especially the extension of David Luiz and the signing of Soares can in any way be justified.

We all know about Luiz, but Soares is someone Southampton were desperate to get rid of, we have just signed up a player from Southampton who wasn’t deemed good enough on a 4 year deal.

Not only that, but I keep hearing Arteta saying stuff like Luiz & Soares both add great experience to the squad, yeah but they are both GARBAGE and washed now.

Mari is also a questionable purchase but he has at least looked ok.

We absolutely need to put pressure on the club to get Raul out because if he’s here for a few more seasons he will not only bankrupt us, he’ll decimate the squad too, we are in really bad shape as it is.

Im personally done with this season and I’m considering not paying attention even next season unless we start doing things properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think next season is a write off too, we'll have the likes of Ozil, Mustafi, Sokratis all seeing out their final year. I can't see any of them wanting to move on, or any clubs agreeing to match their wages.

I just hope there is enough sign of progression under Arteta next year, although I have been disappointed he hasn't had a bigger impact on our performances to date.

I do feel for Mikel though, its a horrendous job right now.

Kroenke, Wenger, Gazidis, Raul, Emery are all culpable for our decline. It's been a succession of poor management and decision making. We are a complete mess from top to bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I think next season is a write off too, we'll have the likes of Ozil, Mustafi, Sokratis all seeing out their final year. I can't see any of them wanting to move on, or any clubs agreeing to match their wages.

I just hope there is enough sign of progression under Arteta next year, although I have been disappointed he hasn't had a bigger impact on our performances to date.

Kroenke, Wenger, Gazidis, Raul, Emery are all culpable for our decline. It's been a succession of poor management and decision making. We are a complete mess from top to bottom.
    this

our kit next season should be clown costumes tbh, after all we're already a complete joke

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guendouzi has asked to leave apparently.

Bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear.

Arteta probably thinks he’s too much of a brat.

I guess if it means we can sign Partey then fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he didn’t go in there expecting Arteta to beg him to stay! I mean, I’m sure he sees a talented young player there, who he’d be happy to work with... but he’ll also see a quick 40m bucks in a summer where he needs to rebuild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post

Yep I agree with pretty much all of this. I think / hope, that next season will be the first full season where Mikel integrates the Hale End kids as bonafide starters, assuming Saka signs the contract, then he is going to be first choice next season no question, I have a feeling Nketiah will be too...plus one other out of Willock and Nelson. I would like us to invest too and bring in quality players such as Partey and Upamecano, though I suspect our funds won't allow either signing, in fact we'd be lucky to even sign one of them.

The sooner the likes of Mustafi, Ozil, Sokratis, Kola & Mikhi are given the boot the better. Elneny can be added to the list...and I suspect I have forgotten about others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep I agree with pretty much all of this. I think / hope, that next season will be the first full season where Mikel integrates the Hale End kids as bonafide starters, assuming Saka signs the contract, then he is going to be first choice next season no question, I have a feeling Nketiah will be too...plus one other out of Willock and Nelson. I would like us to invest too and bring in quality players such as Partey and Upamecano, though I suspect our funds won't allow either signing, in fact we'd be lucky to even sign one of them.

The sooner the likes of Mustafi, Ozil, Sokratis, Kola & Mikhi are given the boot the better. Elneny can be added to the list...and I suspect I have forgotten about others.
    See this article on Skysports regarding our defence https://www.skysports.com/football/n...lready-secured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t know about Nketiah being a starter because I’m not sure what we’ve seen so far that suggests he is good enough. Martinelli will be that guy if Auba leaves.

There’s a lot of expensive garbage we could do with offloading but practically it isn’t going to happen in one window, especially one that is bound to be severely affected by covid.

If we can somehow flog Ozil then I’ll take the others staying. He’s like an anchor rooting this club to the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd forgotten mhki and elneny were even still on our books - christ we've so much deadwood to get rid of....