User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: So its official: Henry was a much better player for Arsenal than Bergkamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    10 henrys and a keeper = champions league frontrunners

10 bergkamps and a keeper = relegation by march but "didnt they do well" and "everybodys second team" type plaudits

Says I'm a mong im afraid.
    That is what it says.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Speaking of which, can mods ignore posters?
    We can. I have done in the past, but like Letters says, best if Mods don't.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos' Little Helper (TPUKA Letters) View Post
    Obviously that's nothing to do with his ability as a player but I have to confess at times I did think "oh just get on the bloody plane you baby!"
    I understand he had a phobia but just put something in his milk a la Mr T. That did irk me at times.
    Well admitted.

We really needed some of that dutch magic for some of those tough away matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the goals, the assists, the trophies, the awards...its not even close. Wenger referred to him as the Michael Jordan of football. Bergkamp was a brilliant player but it sounds as if those choosing Bergkamp are doing so because they prefer his style more.

For me it was a big negative that Bergkamp never travelled away to Europe. I can understand his fear however his impact in the CL is nothing compared to TH14.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lahey View Post
    Look at the goals, the assists, the trophies, the awards...its not even close. Wenger referred to him as the Michael Jordan of football. Bergkamp was a brilliant player but it sounds as if those choosing Bergkamp are doing so because they prefer his style more.

For me it was a big negative that Bergkamp never travelled away to Europe. I can understand his fear however his impact in the CL is nothing compared to TH14.
    Bergkamp won more trophies with us

Hes our best ever player. Goals arent the be all and end all otherwise Shearer pisses on Henry. How many would agree to that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt say it was all about goals did I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lahey View Post

Rvp today scored a goal of bergkamp-esque calibre but the difference is he does it 40 times a calendar year rather than 10. frankly, hes kinda showing bergkamp up a little bit. showing us what was possible. well henry already did that but heres a "number 10" doing it.

the best of the best forwards score goals, simple as that. they dont hide behind any 'im just a creator me' moniker. messi does it, ronaldo does it, ronaldinho did it....pires did it, laudrup did it, bergkamp did it at ajax.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Is it unnerving to have a message board doppelganger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Rvp today scored a goal of bergkamp-esque calibre but the difference is he does it 40 times a calendar year rather than 10. frankly, hes kinda showing bergkamp up a little bit. showing us what was possible. well henry already did that but heres a "number 10" doing it.

the best of the best forwards score goals, simple as that. they dont hide behind any 'im just a creator me' moniker. messi does it, ronaldo does it, ronaldinho did it....pires did it, laudrup did it, bergkamp did it at ajax.....
    :goodpost: