User Tag List

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Why has every new manager got to be a 'David moyes' ???

At the end if the day at some point wenger will be gone and there will be life at arsenal afterwards.

It is fear of the unknown.

I think we can attract a top quality manager now (not Van Gal for the love of god), precisely because of what Wenger has done for the Club in terms of maintaining a steady ship through the financial pain of the stadium.

We are in great shape for a new guy - CL football, a crapload of money and no recent legacy to speak of.

This is an ideal time to bring a new guy in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It is fear of the unknown.

I think we can attract a top quality manager now (not Van Gal for the love of god), precisely because of what Wenger has done for the Club in terms of maintaining a steady ship through the financial pain of the stadium.

We are in great shape for a new guy - CL football, a crapload of money and no recent legacy to speak of.

This is an ideal time to bring a new guy in.

How dumb would we feel though, if a new manager came in at the start of next season and 'did a Moyes'

Having said that, I would rather take that risk than go through the pains of this and previous seasons once more. I think we could have won the title this season. So for that reason, Wenger out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the board wont get rid of wenger because of what happened at united. even though I do think moyes is a good manager but they need more of an overhaul than we do.

no idea who could replace him though. cant be bergkamp as he wont fly. plus no management experience. what would have been good if there was succession planning going on eg bould.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moyes is a negative example. How about a mention to Brendan Rogers or Martinez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Guus Hiddink, Simeone, Van Gaal, Deschamps, Bergkamp are just a few.

I'm sure there are many hungry young managers who can do much better. Managers similar to Roberto Martinez, Klopp, Brendan Rogers. We have to stop fearing and start moving on. It's like being in an abusive relationship because you only know the other person and think that there is no one out there. Time to stop the rot and have a serious look around.
    I would have loved to see those people have their 1000th game before I compare them to Wenger . Real Madrid , Arguably the biggest team in the world , have always wanted to sign Wenger while all those people are around and have never been mentioned . Wenger is far better than all these clowns .
    DO NOT POSTPONE TODAY'S DUTY FOR TOMORROW .IT MAY BE TOO LATE .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why has every new manager got to be a 'David moyes' ???

At the end if the day at some point wenger will be gone and there will be life at arsenal afterwards.
    Very good point . Wenger will certainly go one day . But that day is not today . Not even tomorrow . He still has some few months on his contract and chance is he might sign a new one . Why think about after Wenger when the man is still there ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Moyes is a negative example. How about a mention to Brendan Rogers or Martinez?
    Give them 5 or 7 years and see how their consistency will be . You might chance your mind .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still believe Wenger is one of the best managers in the world, if he had been given unlimited funds like most managers in other top clubs, it wouldnt had been 9 years without a trophy, what he has done with no money is amazing, first transfer window when he has money and he goes out and brings in the best (and might even win a trophy in his first year with transfer money). If he is still here, we will see another Özil signing no doubt, if he brings in a 40m striker or midfielder, it can change our team to a real threat next season.

IF he is not here after the summer, i would love to see Laudrup given the chance, he have always gotten the best out of his teams and plays exciting football. Rodgers and Martinez are doing amazing with Everton and Liverpool, Laudrup took Swansea to another level, even when people didnt believe Swansea could do any better than with the 2 other mentioned.

I dont want us to bring in one of those "big name" managers that have never really done anything and changes to a new team every 2nd year, when they once again have shown that they cant really do anything special.
    Last edited by JonasTC; 22-03-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but an fa cup win is just not enough to justify him staying anymore.
    Each to their own. 'Tis for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not act like Wenger has had no money. He has had some good money, not on the level as the other oilies , but certainly a fair bit to spunk on players like Squilachi/Santos.

He's had the money here too for a few seasons now, the club finance results had us on £70m for the summer, of which we only spent a net of £32m on Ozil. And for jan they went up to £120m. This is only going to go higher with the puma money coming in too.

He's far too useless in the transfer market at identifying talent for where the team needs improvement. And far too stubborn to stick with players like Arteta who are useless.

We should have pushed on in Jan, a left winger and a striker. But he didn't.

Ticket prices are increasing next season, but the money is hardly being invested into the squad.
    Last edited by Munchies; 22-03-2014 at 08:16 PM.