User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our most difficult game of the season to date. Draw was absolutely fair result and not many teams will play better than that.

Lots of positives

- we played terrible but kept going and players who you expect not to
    Pull their weight kept going and going
    - defence was outstanding and we finally know we have the confidence to
    Try and be iron tight.
    - they scored an outstanding goal and otherwise our keeper and defence was
    Tested more than any other team and really stood firm
    - Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla were poor but it's about time they had a bad
    Game
    - Rosicky was sublime with wonderful passing again
    - 5 points clear and every little bit counts
    - we need to not lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit disappointed we couldn't win today being at home, Everton though were worth the draw for sure, we didn't really play well enough today.

Good to have a 5 point lead, bit concerned our performances are a little low key at the moment despite the wins, especially going into games against the two sides rivalling us for the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draw was a fair result, everton were a pretty good side what might make them struggle as the season goes on is lack of squad depth but with a bit of luck they could be top 4.

we were slow for first 40 minutes but then dominated I would say until they scored where they piled the pressure on but some near brilliance from Giroud nearly won it for us.

a draw is not a bad result as in years gone by we could easily have lost.

koscielny was awesome. we didn't play that badly but everton had enough quality players to make things difficult so fair play. Walcott with a headed assist haha. barkley looks a good player too.

5 points clear and city up next in the league, exciting times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    Felt Gibbs and Arteta were naive defensively at times. Arteta almost cost us at the death. We should have seen out that game, it would have given us a healthy gap going into two really tough games but on the bright side.... We're still better off than we were last week. Man City next and that will be the acid test for these guys. City are lethal at home so if we can get a result I think this team will feel they're unstoppable in the league.

Kos N BFG were solid. Best defensive partnership in the premiership.

Jenkinson was solid after he got over his nerves.

Gibbs just doesn't do it for me now that we have a serious title challenge on our hands. Defensively naive and ball watches a lot.

Everyone else were ok, Ramsey was a bit below par but his run is bound to wind down at some point.

One good thing is that Ozil is looking like he's getting settled with the pace and is now finding the net a bit more.

Still need a striker
    This

- Despite our strong CBs pairing our wing backs are poor IMO. I wasn't happy at all with the way Gibbs allowed Deulofeu a good 1-2 yards of space (on his strong foot) for that goal, horrible defending.
    - Also think it is about time we start playing proper wide player (at least on one side), Jack is a solid CM but defensively exposed on the wing.
    - Next game rests Ramsey, he was tired and poor today.
    - Bring in a new striker. Bif is tiring and missed too many chances for my liking.

Everton weren't that good defensively, they are good counter attacking side but resorting to cynical challenges when facing the same problem. Having said that, Everton is definitely the strongest team we have played this season.

5 points clear on the top. If we do it right, we definitely can get 6 points out from our next games against the money bags.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why are we moaning about wing backs? gibbs made a mistake today but that was our first goal conceded since united away. we've conceded 11 goals all season, both full backs and centre backs have been outstanding so far. one made a mistake today but doubting we could challenge for the title with gibbs in the side is just wrong. he's been superb this season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly happy with the point. For all their possession we made the better chances. I thought Lukaku was outstanding for them.
    Everton were well worth a point, thought we were going to sneak it when we got a relatively late goal but credit to Everton, it was an outstanding equaliser.
    Could have been 2-1 either way in the end. You could say these are the sorts of games you win if you're going to win the title but if you'd given me 5 points clear at this stage of the season I'd have bitten your arm off. Actually, I'd probably have laughed at the notion. We're not going to win every game, Everton are 5th for a reason, they've only lost once and that was City away where everyone's getting a pasting.
    Overall I'm a bit disappointed but relatively content with the result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England need to build a team around Barkley in time for the World Cup. Most talented English midfielder by a country mile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    England need to build a team around Barkley in time for the World Cup. Most talented English midfielder by a country mile.
    Wrong thread, try here: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/fo...-Everton-Forum
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    draw was a fair result but disappointed we didn't nick all three points