User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did we root for Liverpool in 2005?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to go through the Chelsea-Bayern final -

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=340&page=440

We just continued to cry for 40 pages. It's actually quite funny. It was actually DSL's muller puns that inspired Satan to intervene.

Also, in the Liverpool 05 final, at the start I didn't care. When they were 3-0 down at HT it was hilarious. But when they started to get back into it, I can't imagine there were that many 'neutrals' who didn't want to see Liverpool go on and take the game. It was an incredible game - one of the last great games before football was ruined by bored billionnaires and shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ that was a theory I had too. A great football game before the axis of evil made themselves comfortable.

The muller puns were great. Also brilliant how we all turned on the British core. Carl Jenkers having a pint with Sheringham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just full-on abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by GB
    Lets see if he is still saying that after a paternity test on his son.

Dickhead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bendtner View Post
    I have been contemplating this incredibly important and by no means pointless question.

I remember being really quite happy when Liverpool completed the comeback in the CL final. As was basically the whole country.

But why?

I certainly wouldn't now. What was different back then? Have we turned into ****s?
    just in the one off game, seeing a team come back from certain death is always fun - except for tottenham and chelsea.

but in all their cl games that season and before under houllier and benitez, i could never watch their dull boring approach. at least i could respect man utd for always putting on a show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    United are unquestionably the most hated club in the country though, no one wants them to win. Ever...
    Right about the former but all true football fans wanted them to win the 2009 and 2011 finals. Fact they didn't makes them hated even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arse n Wonga View Post
    I wasn't rooting for them either. Sorry.

I don't want any other English club to win it, sadly they seem to....except us.
    This.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Wanted them to lose bad.

I wouldn't support any English team in Europe other than Arsenal.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted them to lose as well. Nothing strange in that. The sentiment seemed to be similar in Italy as well regarding the aspirations people had for their domestic rivals.

I saw a lot of graffiti related to it and the local train station in Ricadi was emblazoned with, "Thank-you Liverpool!", in English.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd support Swansealona next year in the Europa League should they make it, just like how we all rooted for Fulham in 2010, but I could never wish success upon a big club aspiring for the same things we are.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted Liverpool to lose but I remember in the early 90's being pleased that Utd won the Cup Winners Cup (I think it was).
    'Cos I didn't care about them then.

By default I want English sides to do well in Europe unless those sides are ones I hate. And unfortunately I hate pretty much all the English sides who are in Europe. I was rooting for Fulham in the Europa League final because, again, I don't really care about them so have no reason to want them to lose.