User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have also reached a CL final and come closer to the title than we ever have in the last 5 years and really should have won it in 08/09.

Granted, then Rafa went mad despite the board backing him and they have become shit but look good again under Kenny.

Its between us, Liverpool and Spuds for that 4th spot next season.

Top 3 is done and dusted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan B'stard View Post
    ten reasons why Livehpiyool will finish aboov Arsenal, like

1) They do that dont they tho??
    That got a genuine LOL from me, top work son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've had a woeful 2 years but have seen the changes at the club the fans wanted. Now there is unsurprisingly renewed belief.

What is there to believe in here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    They have also reached a CL final and come closer to the title than we ever have in the last 5 years and really should have won it in 08/09.

Granted, then Rafa went mad despite the board backing him and they have become shit but look good again under Kenny.

Its between us, Liverpool and Spuds for that 4th spot next season.

Top 3 is done and dusted
    you seem to forget that in 2006 we reached a CL final too. they came closer that one season but have been shit for the last few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll have to see how the summer develops, but as it stands, they are the ones looking serious about reclaiming a top 4 spot (and maybe more), while the focus for us has been to keep players at the club rather than bring players in. I know there's a lot of speculation about players coming in, but the only one that seems likely is Gervinho, and again, that'll be a bit of an underwhelming signing if it happens. If Wenger doesn't get it right this summer, we are in serious danger of dropping out, especially as teams around us strenghten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    They've had a woeful 2 years but have seen the changes at the club the fans wanted. Now there is unsurprisingly renewed belief.

What is there to believe in here?
    Yes, it is not surprising that Liverpool fans have renewed belief but whether that continues once the season starts is another matter.

As to what is to believe in with regard to Arsenal? Well, there is the belief that the team cannot do as badly as it did last year; or that Wenger has realised the error of his ways and will address the key problem area(s); that fans will stop dumping of the (bad) flavour of the month player at the slightest excuse and actively support the team.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i just throw something in here?

They paid £35mil for a dribbling fuckstick with a pony tail

and they have Joe Cole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    can i just throw something in here?

They paid £35mil for a dribbling fuckstick with a pony tail

and they have Joe Cole
    Well, the pony tail alone is worth at least £30 million.

But seriously, when Wenger buys a player (usually younger than Carroll) for potential, he gets slagged relentlessly. When Liverpool pay £35 million (8th largest transfer fee of all time) for a player with fewer than 100 premier league games and no season with more than 20 goals, the "defence" is they are buying potential.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Well, the pony tail alone is worth at least £30 million.

But seriously, when Wenger buys a player (usually younger than Carroll) for potential, he gets slagged relentlessly. When Liverpool pay £35 million (8th largest transfer fee of all time) for a player with fewer than 100 premier league games and no season with more than 20 goals, the "defence" is they are buying potential.
    Kenny new this, thats why he bought Suarez at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is though they sold Torres at the same time, and bought Suarez as well. The net outlay was significantly less when you consider the transfers all together. Considering Torres' form was patchy anyway, and he looked uninterested for much of the season (and has been shit for Chelsea) I think the Carroll-Suarez deal was very good for them. Moreover I don't think he's "potential" in the same sense of some of Wenger's signings being potential, because Carroll can come straight into the starting line-up for them and you won't get Dalglish claiming "you should judge me in 5 years time when these players are at their peak".