User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Man U reaction and player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m currently looking at the Hare checklist, to see how many character traits Arteta embodies

- Glibness
    - Grandiose sense of self worth
    - Lack of Sincerity
    - Lack of affect/emotional depth
    - Lack of remorse
    - Lack of empathy
    - Poor behavioural control
    - Failure to take responsibility for own Actions
    - Impulsivity
    - Lack of realistic long term goals

He scores 32 out of 44. Hard to know if he’s an outright psychopath but he has far too many of the traits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The defence were completely exposed they didn’t have any chance to do anything.

It was 100% on Arteta it wasn’t individual errors, it was disastrous in game management

I don’t think you can even call it naive. I could with another coach but Arteta is such a nasty piece of work, so utterly toxic as a human being I have to put my hands up and say I can’t rule out that it wasn’t deliberate to teach the players some kind of sick lesson.

He needs to go ASAP, he will start setting fire to shit soon
    Arteta is not responsible for Gabriel and Saliba being miles apart, watch their 2nd and 3rd goals. We pushed up far too high IMO and basically got suckered on the counter. United have done this to us for years regardless of who is in charge of us.

We have the makings of a very good team, but they are still young and IMO naive, as is Arteta. Sure with a Pep, Conte or Klopp in charge we may well have got something from the game but this team is not quite there yet IMO, though we are not far either, we basically went up there today and for large parts of the game dominated them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    At least we have coached the best out of Saliba already

Not surprised either.
    He is still young, as is Gabriel to a degree. Today should be a lesson for them. They were neat and tidy in posession but got the basics of defending wrong IMO, the whole team did. We looked very vulnerable when being attacked, not for the first time this season either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Yep, definitely fair. Thought they all looked a bit nervous fat the back for some reason. Defended very very high against a counter attacking team too...that's maybe instructional but more experienced players would/should adapt.
    We don't normally agree but this I agree with. Defending so high against them was sucidal IMO. I thought both Gabriel and Saliba looked really shaky today, as did the fullbacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Arteta is not responsible for Gabriel and Saliba being miles apart, watch their 2nd and 3rd goals. We pushed up far too high IMO and basically got suckered on the counter. United have done this to us for years regardless of who is in charge of us.

We have the makings of a very good team, but they are still young and IMO naive, as is Arteta. Sure with a Pep, Conte or Klopp in charge we may well have got something from the game but this team is not quite there yet IMO, though we are not far either, we basically went up there today and for large parts of the game dominated them.
    They were pushed up high because they had no protection from the midfield so they had to do that and risk getting picked off. Plus they were set up tactically to do that

Listen to Arteta’s post match analysis. He’s absolutely encouraging this

I can accept us losing because we weren’t good enough, I can’t accept or tolerate us losing because the coach isn’t right in the head. These were errors in the way we set up that a non league coach could have identified. He sandbagged the players and I honestly can’t rule out that he did it deliberately.

At 1-1 we could have got a point, at 2-1 we could have got a point. At 1-1 Arteta had the option to slow the game down we had zero need to chase the game, we could have taken Xhaka off put Tierney on and moved Zinchenko to the centre. Why not play it safe, a draw at old Trafford isn’t the end of the world.

As average as our midfield was, I was utterly taken aback by how shit United were….they weren’t even premier league level. This was like being beaten away at Coventry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were pushed up high because they had no protection from the midfield so they had to do that and risk getting picked off. Plus they were set up tactically to do that

Listen to Arteta’s post match analysis. He’s absolutely encouraging this

I can accept us losing because we weren’t good enough, I can’t accept or tolerate us losing because the coach isn’t right in the head. These were errors in the way we set up that a non league coach could have identified. He sandbagged the players and I honestly can’t rule out that he did it deliberately.

At 1-1 we could have got a point, at 2-1 we could have got a point. At 1-1 Arteta had the option to slow the game down we had zero need to chase the game, we could have taken Xhaka off put Tierney on and moved Zinchenko to the centre. Why not play it safe, a draw at old Trafford isn’t the end of the world.

As average as our midfield was, I was utterly taken aback by how shit United were….they weren’t even premier league level. This was like being beaten away at Coventry.
    What are you talking about? We controlled pretty much the entire game!!! Sambi and Xhaka had complete control of the Midfield for large parts of the game. I agree that Arteta cost us the game with those 3 subs but defensively I saw things today that at times were alarming. What we should have done which is probably where we are in agreement is managed the game at 1-1. We should have slowed the game down, dropped a bit deeper and dicatated posession in a more controlled manner. A point today would have been a very good considering we have gone their and comprehensively outplayed them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? We controlled pretty much the entire game!!! Sambi and Xhaka had complete control of the Midfield for large parts of the game. I agree that Arteta cost us the game with those 3 subs but defensively I saw things today that at times were alarming. What we should have done which is probably where we are in agreement is managed the game at 1-1. We should have slowed the game down, dropped a bit deeper and dicatated posession in a more controlled manner. A point today would have been a very good considering we have gone their and comprehensively outplayed them.
    No they didn’t Xhaka left Lokonga exposed time and time again. And every single goal we conceded came about because Eriksen or Fernandes were allowed to waltz through midfield unchallenged. It’s fine to look ok when you’ve got the ball against a championship level team and you’ve got all the space in the world, but it takes a bit more when you don’t have the ball and you’re dealing with players that have a bit of pace. It was embarrassing and totally on Arteta.

These players are enacting a game plan, the guy on the touchline had the opportunity to slow the game down. Take Ben White off it was embarrassing having him as a full back, take Xhaka off it’s embarrassing having him as an Arsenal player and getting Zinchenko and Lokonga to drop back deeper.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-09-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they didn’t Xhaka left Lokonga exposed time and time again.

These players are enacting a game plan, the guy on the touchline had the opportunity to slow the game down. Take Ben White off it was embarrassing having him as a full back, take Xhaka off it’s embarrassing having him as an Arsenal player and getting Zinchenko and Lokonga to drop back deeper.
    Or just buy a Proper DM, a reliable one that doesn't miss half of his games to date in his Arsenal career. This team is handicapped when Partey is out. Sambi isn't a DM, Xhaka isn't a DM. Elneny is an OK DM, Partey is a crock, always injured and I'm sick of him TBH.

I actually quite like Sambi, I think he is a decent option at 8, the way he moves the ball is really impressive TBH.
    Last edited by selassie; 04-09-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't normally agree but this I agree with. Defending so high against them was sucidal IMO. I thought both Gabriel and Saliba looked really shaky today, as did the fullbacks.
    Must be nice for you to be right for once, mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just buy a Proper DM, a reliable one that doesn't miss half of the games to date in his Arsenal career. This team is handicapped when Partey is out.
    I agree but given we didn’t, it was probably not very bright to allow that Albanian moron a free role to meander around the pitch and leaving a 23 year old who has barely played totally exposed. The defenders were too high up and too far apart but if they hadn’t they would have spent most of the game with players bearing down on them because next to no interceptions were being made.
    We got to 1-1 the players had managed to get us back into the game despite Arteta’s awful tactical setup. But because he’s more concerned about his ego and being right than getting results. At 2-1, I don’t think anyone can convince me that wasn’t an act of arson by a coach throwing the game in an act of petulance