User Tag List

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clichy has left. And Nasri in talks with Citeh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed feelings really. I believe we will be directly strengthening City but we at least we will get a bit of value for 2 wantaway players in their last year of contract. What we do with the money is the issue really, we're in talks with ox chamberlain now and you think he will probably cost whatever Clichy goes for, do we really need to spend big on kids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When wenger said there would be big changes this summer i didnt realise he meant selling all our best players and keeping the dross, at the press conference, which may not happen now, i want to hear he is ridding us of the shit as well not just the good stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be fine about Clichy, would not be fine about Nasri. Not only will we be losing one of our better players but who trusts Wenger to replace him adequately.

If we lose Cesc, Nasri and Clichy and don't get rid of Denilson and Bendtner it will have been another disastrous summer....so much for great spirit and togetherness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    When wenger said there would be big changes this summer i didnt realise he meant selling all our best players and keeping the dross, at the press conference, which may not happen now, i want to hear he is ridding us of the shit as well not just the good stuff
    We are a selling club so it shouldn't come as much surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Gareth Barry or Milner will be coming the other way as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    I wonder if Gareth Barry or Milner will be coming the other way as well
    Wash your fucking mouth out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry.

I'd have Milner though to increase the GHEL quota.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    How would you propose we stop it then?
    sorry Letters, I said I question it, sadly I don't have the answer!
    I said in a previous post that I feel that a lot of clubs don't take us seriously - the top two/three do not see us as a threat and the ones under us know how to play us and expose our weaknesses.......

we need to man up in ebvery department both on and off the field.....and if we are to lose players we get their worth and we reinvest it back into the team. We are in the CL, just so we still have appeal but not magnatism - we need to show that we are serious about our status as a top team both at home in Europe - get rid of the wishy washy - shed ourselves of our dross and get in quality/battle tested replacements. Keep the youth policy in - but not rely on it as the only way - kids need role modals and maybe our current crop of mature players and their behaviour is not providing them with one - unless they are looking to learn how not to do things (however the management/board and not shining examples either) - shit they should be more like us - we're what it's all about - proud to be a Gooner

sorry Letters.....said I didn't have an answer but looks like I had at least something to say - whethe you agree is another thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    If we lose Cesc, Nasri and Clichy and don't get rid of Denilson and Bendtner it will have been another disastrous summer....so much for great spirit and togetherness!
    i thought selling players involved clubs wanting to pay for them too?

people come online, turn on their tv, listen to talksport all day, getting every single minute piece of media info pumped into their head and then get upset when they dont see instant results from their club. the window only opens today and already the media have got 98% of fans by the nuts. its hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City can blow us out of the water with any contract offer, so there's not much we can do about that really. I would say though that allowing a player to run his contract down to the final year should never be allowed to happen again. Gazidis touched on that at the AST meeting, he said we weren't perfect and can improve here.

If someone refuse to sign in advance, that means the writing is probably on the wall.