User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs vs City - Tuesday 14th May 20:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now have the Spurs mindset.

I spoke to Dan, Mr Levy to you, this morning and he assured me that he is going to spend at least 1 billion pounds of his own money in the summer buying the best players in the world. He then promised me that next season Spurs will win the PL, the CL, the LC and the FA Cup. Even if Spurs do not finish in the top 4, they will be playing CL football next season and WILL win it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Spurs will win tonight 24-0 as 8 of their wonderful players will get a hat trick.

I also know for a fact that at the next general election the blues will whitewash the reds. There will not be a single labour MP in Parliament at the end of this year.

I also know that Father Christmas lives in the North Pole because I have seen him there and he is a personal friend of mine.

I am a Spurs fan until about 10pm tonight. I will spend the next week either in therapy or trying to wash off the kind of dirt that cannot be washed off.

I don't need to say COYS because I know they will win comfortably tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    How would we be feeling and what would we want to happen if the situation was reversed ?
    That's a good question.
    I mean, let's face it, we wouldn't want Spurs to win the league, would we?
    I think when it comes to it you always want your team to win, but it would be pretty sickening if us getting a result could potentially let Spurs in for the title though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    How would we be feeling and what would we want to happen if the situation was reversed ?
    If we had a chance of qualifying for the CL then I would absolutely back us to win. If we didn’t, then I guess there wouldn’t be any tears over it due to the silver lining of spoiling our rivals title charge.

I think what most Spurs fans have forgotten here is that their team will try to win because absolutely no professional sets out to lose a game. Their opinion means sod all really and I doubt a rivalry with Arsenal is going to play on the minds of players and coaches from all corners of the globe. Pretty sure Daniel Levy is desperate to be in the CL as well given the riches that come with it and the shiny stadium that needs paying off.

Spurs won’t win tonight because they’re shit though, not because of any other factors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If we had a chance of qualifying for the CL then I would absolutely back us to win. If we didn’t, then I guess there wouldn’t be any tears over it due to the silver lining of spoiling our rivals title charge.

I think what most Spurs fans have forgotten here is that their team will try to win because absolutely no professional sets out to lose a game. Their opinion means sod all really and I doubt a rivalry with Arsenal is going to play on the minds of players and coaches from all corners of the globe. Pretty sure Daniel Levy is desperate to be in the CL as well given the riches that come with it and the shiny stadium that needs paying off.

Spurs won’t win tonight because they’re shit though, not because of any other factors.
    This exactly, though it won't stop any of us hoping for a miracle - or not me anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Both would be exceptionally funny.
    Can we just add Sheffield Utd then beating Spurs on the final day to mean they don't finish 4th anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Can we just add Sheffield Utd then beating Spurs on the final day to mean they don't finish 4th anyway?
    Now you're just being greedy*

*but yes that would be f*****g funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone going to watch?

I never watch Spuds on principle but maybe I'll try having it on the radio to see how that goes - if Citeh get the first goal though I'm switching off
    Last edited by Mac76; 14-05-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What principle is that?

I won't be watching because I don't have the channel it's on, I probably won't bother finding a stream. I'll watch the highlights if City don't win.
    So I won't see the highlights either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The principle that they're a bunch of ****s and why would I give up valuable time watching them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm watching, at least until the 2nd City goal goes in on 20 minutes.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting