User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle East consortium 'to bid for Arsenal'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, we're just gonna become another Chelsea/Man City, fake club with bought success.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An so that's where David Dein went too... is coming home.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm....not really that fussed who owns us. They seem keen on keeping Wenger so it would be interesting to see if much changed with new ownership. Not sure if they could pump much into the club with the FFP rules.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's my username gone? View Post
    Great, we're just gonna become another Chelsea/Man City, fake club with bought success.
    What's better, fake club with bought success or shite club with no success as we are now?

Its not ideal but football has changed. It's time Arsenal changed with it. If you can't beat them which we can't then join them

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    wont happen but wish it did.

the bit about reducing ticket prices is bs though. if they spend 1.5bn the quickest and easiest way of getting a return is through ticket price increases. if people think they're gonna invest 1.5bn and reduce ticket prices to make their roi even longer then they're deluded.

and at those who are trying to take a moral high ground by declaring their disgust at a potential take over. you'll be jumping with joy if we win the premier league and european cup in the next 5 years so dont even try and pretend you dont want 'dirty oil money' here football turned for the worst and there's no going back so get over it.
    Pretty much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it happens but I doubt it will. Most supporters sound as if they'd rather have Kroenke own the club than Arabs as well(which I don't understand tbh), so don't think it would go down well with a lot of the fans either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the point is of a takeover if FFP are coming in within the next 2 years. I think the story is BS but for me, I just want change at the club. Whatever we have out there is clearly not working, so I am down for Arabs or Indians or Pakistanis taking over, dont care!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story is out on the Sun too, as 'exclusive'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...LLION-bid.html
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So kroenke's ready to sell up, and that's his price: £400m profit for doing precisely fuck all? Not bad.

Still, if it forces the nutty professor to stand aside then hell why not.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of this, in particular the "consortium" aspect of it. That's always a recipe for disaster and mismanagement.

If they were eager to purchase the club why hide behind an anonymous consortium? God knows what type of shady people could be in there. You only have to look at the likes of Portsmouth and Notts County to see some of the dodgy offshore consortiums who have sprung up, thrown a lot of money at the start, destroyed the stability and long term viability of the club and then done a runner after asset stripping the club.

Not that I would object that much to a takeover from another wealthy party who's prepared to at least increase investment in the club but it has to be someone out in the open, relatively well known and who's business history and finances can be publicly scrutinised.

Never thought I'd ever say this but I'd much rather keep Stan than this.