User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Messageboards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some aggressive advertising on twitter and facebook may help tbh.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we need to get these printed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez Is Boss View Post
    Think we need to get these printed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Thats happend on every forum tbf, when your the newbie you tend to be left out. It happend to all of us, its only when you become more known you tend to have more interaction with posters. I do agree their are a few Cliques on here which may not feel welcoming to newbies.

When i 1st game on GW i was more or less always on the Arsenal debate more then anything so i really did not get a chance to know the oldies or them get to know me, Its only as time went by and i felt more confident about poisting in other areas i felt a bit more apart of the crowd.

Well if your looking in and you see a thread that says "RVP is shit" I doubt you'd think twice about posting on here.
    exactly, and the only way you get noticed on here is by confronting people's opinions full on and creating some kind of argument. thats when people start noticing you and then start interacting with you more often.

as i said, negative selective quoting seems to be the ethos on here. you could write an excellent paragraph analysing an aspect of arsenal fc but only the smallest mistake, or slightly controversial opinion you've included, gets highlighted, scrutinized to the max, and laughed at. whilst the rest of your post is completely ignored. thats why most posters don't bother trying to explain things fully or write a good post, whats the point if half of its ignored? might as well just jump straight to the point of saying it how it is (mostly in a rude and confrontational manner as the good bits go unnoticed). cant be arsed with unrecognised effort.

thats why so many arguments start on here; if you're constantly highlighting only the negatives then you can't expect positives to appear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that this forum has ****s, luckily I am one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i said, ... selective quoting seems to be ... excellent ... most posters ... explain things fully or write a good post, [and] jump straight to the point.
    Don't agree with any of that, you cock.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think we have too many in-jokes, too static a membership who all know each other well and it's hard for any new-comer.
    I'll try a bit of advertising on FB, it can't hurt and while I'm not sure it'll have much affect it's worth a try.
    We have had some exposure in newspapers before btw and it didn't generate any extra traffic or members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put something on twitter.

Plus we need more Goonerettes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fanx
    What happened to the Goonersweb Twitter account? Someone did register one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fanx
    What happened to the Goonersweb Twitter account? Someone did register one.
    You should get somebody who's happy to be very active on Twitter making witty and incisive tweets to journalists, Arsenal players, prominent Arsenal tweeters etc. thus hopefully generating some attention for here.