User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone calling for Wenger to be sacked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been reading a few things on his days at Monaco and the stubborn pattern we see here didn't develop overnight. He was there for 7 years and won a league title and cup on his early years. Lost a Cup Winners Cup final, a string of Quarter and Semi final exits in Europe and a consistent record of finishing on the top 3. Finally got the sack when he finished 9th. Was a hero at first but fans grew tired of the lack of progression from what I've read. Trying to find out more.

His philosophy of keeping a team together and the youth set up comes from his love for Ajax and the Total Football years. He's trying to achieve the same at Arsenal but keeps hitting a brick wall. 7 year at Monaco and 1 league cup, 1 title isn't a great record. He won the title in his first season and after that it went down hill. I don't think he has it in him to get Arsenal out of this rut. His trend is to dig his heels in until sacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is better than the respective managers of our rivals except for Fergie, so yes I would care if he left us for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need a new manager, so it'll be a step in the right direction if he leaves. I would be indifferent to him joining Chelsea or City, because if he tries to implement the same, discredited philosophy that he's used in the last 5 years, then those clubs will stagnate in the same way we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    because if he tries to implement the same, discredited philosophy that he's used in the last 5 years, then those clubs will stagnate in the same way we have.
    no; he will get sacked before he even thinks of it. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, he had a chance to manage the French team and Bayern Munich. When sacked he went off to Japan to coach. Why? I think the Munich offer was still on the table after Munich. Why choose to go to Japan and off the radar when you could have gone to a bigger club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Also, he had a chance to manage the French team and Bayern Munich. When sacked he went off to Japan to coach. Why? I think the Munich offer was still on the table after Munich. Why choose to go to Japan and off the radar when you could have gone to a bigger club?
    I reckon he turned down Munich because of the pressure aspect. He could have gone to Madrid on a few occasions but wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes there either.

They absolutely would not put up with him using there first team as a nursery.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    ha; say it exactly how you really feel, letters. It is easy to be 'too' principled when you are under no pressure (to deliver).
    Define deliver. Had we slipped out of the top 4 then I suspect he'd have been long gone.
    It's nonsense to say he's under no pressure but I think the board are too satisfied by perennial CL football and not bothered enough about trophies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    He can F Off..
    Why do you think it's OK to be so disrespectful to just about the most important manager in our club's history?
    Frustrated as I am with him and things at the club (and with football in general), I'd never be so disrespectful to Wenger. He's taken us places I never thought I'd see Arsenal go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I reckon he turned down Munich because of the pressure aspect. He could have gone to Madrid on a few occasions but wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes there either.

They absolutely would not put up with him using there first team as a nursery.
    I think so. Under pressure, he can't cope. When he's the underdog he excels but when expected to deliver he buckles. I think the nerves get to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Define deliver. Had we slipped out of the top 4 then I suspect he'd have been long gone.
    It's nonsense to say he's under no pressure but I think the board are too satisfied by perennial CL football and not bothered enough about trophies.
    Exactly, the board are too obsessed with share prices, property values, the balance sheet etc etc. I'm not saying these aspects are not important, but you get the impression that the board know the price of everything but the value of nothing. This explains why PHW can write arrogant, disrespectful columns in the Daily Star criticising fans for having the temerity to question the direction of the club. "The share price is increasing, we're getting the revenue from UCL qualification, why are people unsatisfied?" is what he's thinking, because he's too much of a free market fundamentalist to understand the deeper reasons why we all follow the club.