User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Reaction and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the start of the summer I wanted Arsenal to get Balotelli, Schneiderlin and Vela in addition to any replacements.

Debuchy for Sagna looks like an ok replacement so far but it's early days. Chambers for Vermaelen looks a good replacement. Don't know much about Ospina but might be a good replacement for Fabianski.

For additions, we've got Welbeck, Campbell and Sanchez. If we had not bothered with one of Welbeck and Campbell and got in a powerful defensive midfielder, as well as a back-up CB then the squad would be more balanced.

Overall it's better than I expected but just a shame that DM didn't come in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    At the start of the summer I wanted Arsenal to get Balotelli, Schneiderlin and Vela in addition to any replacements.

Debuchy for Sagna looks like an ok replacement so far but it's early days. Chambers for Vermaelen looks a good replacement. Don't know much about Ospina but might be a good replacement for Fabianski.

For additions, we've got Welbeck, Campbell and Sanchez. If we had not bothered with one of Welbeck and Campbell and got in a powerful defensive midfielder, as well as a back-up CB then the squad would be more balanced.

Overall it's better than I expected but just a shame that DM didn't come in.
    Its not a "shame" a DM didn't come in - its a huge mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What started out as quite a positive window has ended in disappointment for me. I don't think we have seriously addressed the weaknesses in the squad and I have been left with the feeling that we didn't really plan the window properly in as much as identifying principal targets and buying them, it all seems very opportunist to me. We desperately needed a new Defensive Midfielder and a World Class striker, we have neither. We also needed another CB. I really worry about our defence, if we have 2 or 3 injuries we are going to be in BIG trouble, I hope Arsene has a plan to buy in January. It's not all doom and gloom but certianly not what I wanted.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I was ok, i could just about toleratre having no defensive cover.....i just thought oh well typical Wenger

But then...WELBECK?......it's more than i can take.

I feel like a big part of me has died

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I was ok, i could just about toleratre having no defensive cover.....i just thought oh well typical Wenger

But then...WELBECK?......it's more than i can take.

I feel like a big part of me has died
    As shit as Ramsey, isn't he?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall the start of the window was much better, we replaced personnel who left with better players IMO, and business was done early.

But once again, even with Welbeck, we go into the season 1 or 2 players short of a strong enough squad.

When will the fucking cycle end...????!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, Diaby and Theo will be like new signings soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £60mill odd spent. Spend some fucking money. He did. Not all in the right places and the way he's left things so short at the back is a big concern, but we can't say we didn't get stuck in this time around. Would rather have our batch of signings to Utds or Liverpools. I think the chav signings may have a big impact for them, but I'd still rather have what we signed. Particularly Chambers who I think will be the biggest signing of all.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    £60mill odd spent. Spend some fucking money. He did. Not all in the right places and the way he's left things so short at the back is a big concern, but we can't say we didn't get stuck in this time around. Would rather have our batch of signings to Utds or Liverpools. I think the chav signings may have a big impact for them, but I'd still rather have what we signed. Particularly Chambers who I think will be the biggest signing of all.
    You'd rather have what we have to Di Maria, Falcoa, Shaw, Blind, Herrera? I wouldnt' Man U have sign two top top class players (Di Maria was unplayable at times and Falcoa scores a hatful), a player who was brilliant at the World Cup and arguably Southampton's stand out player.

Aside from Sanchez (top class but not as good as Di Maria IMO), we've not signed top top quality players, just good players and projects.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're going to have to come to terms with the fact it'll take us a few months to get going and make a charge to the top.

We've had players come back in dribs and drabs after the world cup, even our Germany lads were given an extra week off compared to other clubs. Plus we only played 4 pre season games didn't we? So naturally we'll be behind other teams in terms of fitness etc.

But if we can keep relatively close to the leaders, then have Theo getting fitter and stronger around the christmas period, with Giroud coming back in the new year, and our fitness issues solved by then, the second half of the season could get interesting.