Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COC Reaction v Sheffield Wednesday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Pretty candid from Wenger.
    Bit harsh to publicly criticise the youngsters when the senior players were just as bad, if not worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I'm only interested in seeing if our kit is as crap as people on here have been saying.
    I think it will live up to expectation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to use this game to rest up our key players because we can't afford to be without them in the games that matter, as tonight's performance shows. But there's no excuse for the feeble performance we put in.

Debuchy, Flamini and Mertesacker can fuck off. I never expect anything from Flamini in the first place and Debuchy has been piss poor all season, but I expect much better from Mertesacker. I hope Gabriel keeps him out of the first team for a looooong time because that kind of shit isn't good enough for an Arsenal vice captain.

I have to say that the kids don't look up to standard though. No quality. The league cup is the biggest opportunity they have to make their case for the first team and not one of them took it. Iwobi ran around a lot, and Bielik looked tidy, but that's not good enough to make the step up. Most of the ones with promise like Akpom, Crowley and Toral have been shipped out on loan and it shows.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not impressed at all.......had money on all teams scoring in the cup tonight and Arsenal were the only ones who let me down........they never looked like get close to the goal! Obviously had not worked together as a unit and young ones seriously out of their depth........young Polish kid looked decent but not ready!

Mers made good point about the seasoned pros not turning up.....the defence was made up of a four we could well have to start a PL game with and they were crap and as Merse said let down the young ones in front. Merts should have been barking out orders but nobody was and that is crap I am afraid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSAO View Post
    Not impressed at all.......had money on all teams scoring in the cup tonight and Arsenal were the only ones who let me down........they never looked like get close to the goal! Obviously had not worked together as a unit and young ones seriously out of their depth........young Polish kid looked decent but not ready!

Mers made good point about the seasoned pros not turning up.....the defence was made up of a four we could well have to start a PL game with and they were crap and as Merse said let down the young ones in front. Merts should have been barking out orders but nobody was and that is crap I am afraid
    Hi!

Nice to hear the opinions of newcomers around here.

You'll soon boost your post count with contributions of this quality.

Welcome to GW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on Walcott?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Any news on Walcott?
    He went off injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like they're both muscle injuries. More concerned with Theo because it was a result of not sufficiently warming up.

Wouldn't surprise me if it is the dreaded "2-3 weeks"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuhk was that...