User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal 1-1 Shadow Dwellers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Bayern game knackered us mentally and physically and a point will go a long way to steadying the ship again.
    Why do you think the Bayern game tires us out, we were outclassed and didn't put in much of a shift? Spurs played a day later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A real stinker of a performance, I'm not sure we constructed a single decent passage of play. We never got going at all, Spurs will be gutted they didn't bury us.

Despite the non-performance, we still had chances via some hopeful crosses and Giroud should hang his head in shame for not sticking at least 1 of them away.

We got away with this one and in the grand scheme of things haven't harmed ourselves too much. Lets just hope we get some players back after the break and we can get going again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, we're level on points at the top of the table so I don't think there's much to defend him against.
    Considering the shocking performance I think there is, only luck meant he ended up with a draw, Spurs played us off the park and we were at home, we were absolutely awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Why do you think the Bayern game tires us out, we were outclassed and didn't put in much of a shift? Spurs played a day later.
    Chasing the ball for most of the game. It also shot our confidence as these beatings tend to do. We were poor today but dug out a point. I can live with that. What else would you like me to do right now, in this instant?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Lucky, lucky Wenger gets out of jail once again, is he the luckiest manager in the history of football?

Cheer up, we might lose the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing performance and result, we needed to win this to lay down a marker and go top. Making spuds look this good on our patch is unforgivable in my opinion, we had no fight or real desire for large parts of the game.

We HAD to take advantage of City dropping points, we didn't. No one is going to hand this title to us, we have to terrorise teams like Spurs at home and thug it by hook or by crook.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    we might lose the next one.
    You're probably right with such an average manager, it's a good thing for him he's blessed with good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First-choice players dead, Giroud, Alexis, Cazorla not on their game, Campbell crap. A decent result therefore on the day, but even with the poor performance, we had more than enough chances to win it. It's all on Giroud today sadly. He had three clear chances which should all have been goals and would have had handed Ozil four assists.

Debuchy actually did well today, but the lack of threat he and Campbell provide is so obvious.

Very good games from Cech, Coquelin and Ozil again. Alexis needs to find some form though. Giroud is Giroud, so no point complaining about his inconsistency.

We really need Ramsey, Bellerin and Theo back. And we really need not to lose anyone fucking else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully Ozil has a two week break. Alexis will probably be run into the ground by Chile. That guy needs a rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    This isn't exactly a 'match reaction'.

We were poor today but we really should have put them away because even though were were badly outplayed, when the good chances came our way we were badly let down by Giroud.

Tottenham have a glass jaw - when we equalised we should have finished the job.
    It is, because he's why we didn't win this game and he's why we aren't winning the title. I am absolutely fed up to the back teeth with him now. This will likely be the easiest title to win in years and he's going to blow it. There's no doubt about it. If there's a way to fuck something up Wenger will find it.

Going into this game he'd already seen how shambolic that right side was, but he went and did it all over. A fool could have figured it out but Wenger doesn't even rate as a fool when it comes to tactics.

He also saw how ineffective Bif was when he doesn't have pace around him stretching the play. Bif can't make his own moves. He's like a fucking statue. Must be the easiest player to mark in the league. So Wenger goes with him again.

The he drags Santi off the pitch. Yes, he was getting killed in the middle, so we had Flamini and Arteta and we could have moved Santi wide and sacrificed the useless Bif. But Wenger fucks it again.

I'm telling you. As hard as it is to believe, this guy has somehow got through the last 30 years without 101 tactics under his belt. He even admits it. He leaves that boring, non-financial shit up to the players.

Any other manager, pick one from anywhere, would have got us the 3 points today. Because we made the spuds look good by setting up to accommodate them in every way.

Anyway, I said this before the game so it's not hindsight. Either I am very lucky at predicting stuff or... I have been watching this for the last decade and have twigged.

Problem is, Wenger hasn't.

No title for us. Not a prayer.
    Für eure Sicherheit