User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Marseille

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A draw would qualify us, at least. I can't say I am too arsed if we finish first or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match was there to be won but the forwards were careless. Not great from Theo or Gervinho tonight even though they put a shift in. The defence were solid but Marseilles didn't offer much of a threat. Good to have TV back, easily our best defender.

Pundits in the Sky studio (including Dave Seaman) slaughtering us for some reason. We weren't great but we weren't that bad either.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Its the greeks who will be tricky we have to win both games to top the group now
    Yeah I have a feeling we could come 2nd now.

We'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Santos looks a terrible defensive btw. He should be second choice left winger rather than left-back IMO, because he seems to have no understanding of defensive positioning and looks unfit as well.
    He's certainly not unfit or else he couldn't do the amount of running he does. He's always having to charge back because he's often out of position, that's why he looks knackered.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Match was there to be won but the forwards were careless. Not great from Theo or Gervinho tonight even though they put a shift in. The defence were solid but Marseilles didn't offer much of a threat. Good to have TV back, easily our best defender.

Pundits in the Sky studio (including Dave Seaman) slaughtering us for some reason. We weren't great but we weren't that bad either.
    Should have started Arshavin and Rosicky Or even AOC
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling we could come 2nd now.

We'll see how it goes.
    We know how that panned out last season.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta and Santos were poor IMO. One didnt contribute enough in midfield and the other disregard his defensive duty.

This weekend I'd like to see Rosicky starting alongside Song and Ramsey, add some pace to our midfield and creativity in our midfield.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    We know how that panned out last season.....
    TBF only barca and real would be the worst to face if they won their groups everyone else not really that great.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milla View Post
    Arteta and Santos were poor IMO. One didnt contribute enough in midfield and the other disregard his defensive duty.

This weekend I'd like to see Rosicky starting alongside Song and Ramsey, add some pace to our midfield and creativity in our midfield.
    Yeah, I don't think Arteta is doing enough to justify his place in the team, he has a good engine and keeps things tidy but surely we need a bit more there, given Song is having to defend and create. I'd certainly be tempted to play Rosicky or even Benayoun, just to freshen things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    TBF only barca and real would be the worst to face if they won their groups everyone else not really that great.
    Thing is though if you finish second you're more likely to meet one of those teams earlier, at least if you delay the meeting with them there's the off chance they could get knocked out by some other team.