User Tag List

Page 2005 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 100515051905195519952003200420052006200720152055210525053005 ... LastLast
Results 20,041 to 20,050 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I didn't think you got to choose in that situation? Isn't it something about having to claim asylum in the first country you land in or is that something else?
    That is true but the host country can't and sure as hell won't force you to claim asylum in their country.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    That is true but the host country can't and sure as hell won't force you to claim asylum in their country.
    Lets all go to Canada.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37451043

He was struggling at little when I saw Monty Python...was that last year or the year before? They all blend in to one these days. Last year, I think. He was having to read some lines during one sketch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37451043

He was struggling at little when I saw Monty Python...was that last year or the year before? They all blend in to one these days. Last year, I think. He was having to read some lines during one sketch.
    To become aphasic would be awful, it's not just a case of not being able to speak you wouldn't be able to read or write because the composition of letters and words in your mind would be jumbled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat" at the moment which is a book full of stories about people will various neurological conditions which affect them in various interesting ways.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm reading "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat" at the moment which is a book full of stories about people will various neurological conditions which affect them in various interesting ways.
    Kindle?...If so will have to give that a look

Currently reading "what's left" by Nick Cohen which would be deeply boring for most people i imagine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading it on paper! I'm sure you can get it on Kindle though.
    The first story - which is who the book's title is about - concerns a man who lost the ability to recognise things. He can describe them in great detail but not tell what they are.
    Somehow he managed to lead a pretty active life, he was a music teachers and could recognise his pupils when they spoke.

Another story is about a woman who lost the sense of where her body parts were. It's something you don't think about but you instinctively know where your limbs are, without that sense you'd just fall over which is what happened to her. She had to learn to walk again by looking intently at her legs so she knew where they were.

Very odd collection of stories written by a neurologist about various patients he encountered.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm reading it on paper! I'm sure you can get it on Kindle though.
    The first story - which is who the book's title is about - concerns a man who lost the ability to recognise things. He can describe them in great detail but not tell what they are.
    Somehow he managed to lead a pretty active life, he was a music teachers and could recognise his pupils when they spoke.

Another story is about a woman who lost the sense of where her body parts were. It's something you don't think about but you instinctively know where your limbs are, without that sense you'd just fall over which is what happened to her. She had to learn to walk again by looking intently at her legs so she knew where they were.

Very odd collection of stories written by a neurologist about various patients he encountered.
    I've heard about all kinds of neurological disorders like a guy who can't recognise facial features and they did this test where his son was out in the back garden with a few friends having a drink and he could not pick him out.

Or a guy who has antegradal amnaesia and cannot remember anything since he was taken ill with Encephalitis and can only retain memory for about thirty seconds or so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there was one guy described in the book who was in his 60s (the book was written in the 80s) but thought he was still a teenager back in 1945 just as the war was ending, he could remember everything clearly up to that point but nothing since and remembered everyone as they were at that time - wondering why his brother looked so old when he came to visit.
    Weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exchanged!

BOOM.

Now I we need to find somewhere to live
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.