User Tag List

Page 2035 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 103515351935198520252033203420352036203720452085213525353035 ... LastLast
Results 20,341 to 20,350 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    You really really really need to watch Parks and Recreation.
    Sounds like I should do, having looked up the premise.

Have to say some of the stuff that goes on at work does make me go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parks and Rec is brilliant.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Catholics now allowed to cremate their dead, but not allowed to scatter ashes, keep them in family home or be placed inside jewelery or other mementos

Wow thanks eminence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Catholics now allowed to cremate their dead, but not allowed to scatter ashes, keep them in family home or be placed inside jewelery or other mementos

Wow thanks eminence!
    Them's the rules of their club. All clubs have rules. Don't like the rules, don't be in the club. This sort of stuff doesn't affect any non-Catholic in any way, expect maybe those ghouls in the funeral homes who charge thousands for a wooden box.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Them's the rules of their club. All clubs have rules. Don't like the rules, don't be in the club. This sort of stuff doesn't affect any non-Catholic in any way, expect maybe those ghouls in the funeral homes who charge thousands for a wooden box.
    Very easy to say, because we don't live in a country where the Catholic Church has its claws into it

Like with many religions it's something imposed and indoctrinated into people rather than something people choose

And the Catholic Church likes to torment its adherents with things like telling them if their child died prematurely before they had the chance to be baptised their souls would be in Limbo

Form of psychological abuse. And as someone who routinely accuses the state of telling lies to keep people compliant, I'm surprised you are that blasé about it.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 26-10-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird lot, the Catholics.

I guess some of you would say the same about my lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Wouldn't dream of it.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Other than knowing that you are a god botherer I had no idea as to your particular denomination.

My mum has today been dead a year, I remember clearly a year ago for days afterwards people in the mawkish way people do when they are trying to be nice saying "I'm sure she's looking down at you from heaven". I didn't want to be unappreciative of people trying to be nice, but it never struck me as being anything but wishful thinking fantasy that people live on after we die. In some ways it's a white lie because it can I'm sure bring genuine comfort to those scared of dying and those who are grieving for lost loved ones.

Historically at least the religious have always sold eternal reward and torment in the most underhand way, and even now you will get slippery Christians who are so lacking in shame that they visit the vulnerable, people struggling to take one breath after the next and promise them salvation if they square things with God.

I'm thankful that no one tried that with my mum or they'd have left in a black bag before she did.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 26-10-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Wouldn't dream of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Very easy to say, because we don't live in a country where the Catholic Church has its claws into it

Like with many religions it's something imposed and indoctrinated into people rather than something people choose

And the Catholic Church likes to torment its adherents with things like telling them if their child died prematurely before they had the chance to be baptised their souls would be in Limbo

Form of psychological abuse. And as someone who routinely accuses the state of telling lies to keep people compliant, I'm surprised you are that blasé about it.
    I'm a Catholic myself. Technically. Gave up paying attention to that stuff ages ago. The indoctrination is overplayed, they aren't as good at it as they used to be. Growing up you quickly learn how to let it wash off you. Religion isn't as dangerous as government. Religions make preposterous claims that are easy to dismiss. Governments are far more insidious. Many people actually believe what governments claim, if you can believe that! Which makes government very dangerous indeed. And the Catholics gave up bloodthirsty slaughter and pillage a while back, officially at least. Government is still up to its elbows in that shit. Plus the Catholics don't send thugs around to my home if I fail to obey their instructions. No, government is far more dangerous and in so many more ways than religion, at least here in the west. In the Mid East and certain parts of Asia and South America, fair enough, religion is still a heavy hitter.
    Für eure Sicherheit