User Tag List

Page 204 of 207 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2067

Thread: The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always liked the guy. A shame I'll have to start laughing at and generally disliking him now. Ah well, needs must.

Thread must be changed to Klopp the Muppet in time honoured tradition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'm a little disappointed as well, I know WUMger isn't going anywhere for a while yet but Klopp is certainly someone I felt was good enough to be his successor. I suppose if you've been in the job as long as WUMger has, managers and most importantly potential successors will come and go. Timing is everything in football, can't help but wonder who'll be available when we need to look for a new guy.
    Koeman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little disappointed as well, I know WUMger isn't going anywhere for a while yet but Klopp is certainly someone I felt was good enough to be his successor. I suppose if you've been in the job as long as WUMger has, managers and most importantly potential successors will come and go. Timing is everything in football, can't help but wonder who'll be available when we need to look for a new guy.
    Owen Coyle
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat Sam is always available. He is destined to manage Real someday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Koeman?
    As far as Japanese football goes he's a nobody. Not worth our time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Don't think Klopp would have been ambitious enough for us, if we are talking about being up there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, we really want to be going in for Pep Guardiola or someone on that level.

I like Klopp personally, ebullient figure and genuinely looking forward to seeing him in the premier league as he is such a colourful character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have some tough fixtures coming up in his first handful of games.

Rafa back by January?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Klopp is Boss, I guess...
    Undoubtedly.

Personally I'm still in the "lets wait and see" period, before I go completely.... RAWK, but I can't lie there is a bit of excitement there which makes a nice change.

Who knows though. It's still a big job he's got on his hands (despite perversely having something to play for this season) and it could turn out to be shit. His final season at Dortmund can't be ignored, even if there were extenuating circumstances. Not to mention that he could easily piss off back to Germany at the click of a Bayern-shaped finger.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. I still remember the times when the likes of Martin O'Neill and heck even Owen Coyle (lol) were discussed as successors to Wenger so things can change rapidly.

Mind you, the difference in Klopp's pedigree compared to those frauds is night and day.

There's been murmurings about an ex Wenger protege like Dragan Stojkovic or a legend like Henry or Dennis being groomed to be next but to me I don't think we can take a risk like that these days. The Moyes disaster at Utd demonstrates the importance of appointing someone with a solid record and the right gravitas for the role at a big club.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Don't think Klopp would have been ambitious enough for us, if we are talking about being up there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, we really want to be going in for Pep Guardiola or someone on that level.
    ehhh? Klopp not ambitious enough for us? Had he still been a free agent he would have certainly been on the shortlist if not first choice for a Bayern/Real/Barca etc if those jobs were available. Man Utd quite openly tried to get him before they settled on Van Gaal. He's one of the most coveted and well regarded young managers in European football right now.

Liverpool are just incredibly fortunate that timings have worked out splendidly well for them and there isn't another more attractive opening for him right now ....... I'm certain privately he was hoping that either our or the Barca job would have opened up for him over the summer or by now as both of us are probably the most suited for his vision of play.

As for Pep .... I've got more chance of banging Kate Upton tbh. Either Man City, Utd or even Chelsea are going to throw a shedload of cash his way to lure him whenever he becomes available.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do this to Mike Dean.