User Tag List

Page 204 of 235 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I didn't say it was the same situation. I'm saying those critical of Sanchez moving to Utd should probably hold the same stance for Giroud. To me, it looks worse. If Giroud is moving for first team football, why move to Chelsea instead of Dortmund?
    Doesn't sound like Bif wants to move at all, but he has no choice if he wants game time enough to get into the world cup squad and he's clearly #3 at Arsenal if Aubameyang arrives. Sounds like it's very much for football reasons and I haven't heard a mention of money or demands - except from Arsenal of course, over the fee. Which this time I agree with. In this market Giroud is easily worth 35-40 mill. Easily. But, as others have said, he's not worth that to us if it ends up scuppering the Auba move.

Way back at the start of the window the papers knew the fee for Auba was 53mill. We've ended up agreeing 53-54 mill. Having dragged the whole thing out until the last minute. Why did we do that? What was the 45mill bid all about? If this deal falls through the entire blame sits on Arsenal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You forgot the part where his missus ruled out moving to Dortmund.
    But he's OK going to a rival London club? It doesn't mean he has to leave. I get it's a complex situation but you always get a few hypocritical fans that are now quick to see the other side of the story when it involves their favourite player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Emirates gooner....we should have pushed for a non conditional deal, though perhaps Dortmund were deliberately being obtuse. Leave Dortmund to sign their own players without us getting involved FFS.

I remember well, those criticising Sanchez and praising Giroud for loyalty last summer when in reality it is simply circumstances dictating heroes or villains. I'm not surprised Giroud is open to a move to Chelsea and I don't hate him for it neither.

I'd rather keep Giroud but if he has to be sold.....

Giroud is worth more than 15/20 million in this market but Sanchez is worth more than a Mhikitarayan in this market...even with a contract running down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no issue with Alexis moving to United and I would have no issue if Giroud went to Chelsea.

One guy was fed up here and who could blame him. The other needs to play football and if he can continue living where he is to appease his family then so be it.

It's the club who are choosing to strengthen a rival, the players are just doing their job.

HCZ
    Auba on a private jet into London

He’s not doing a Odemwingie is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's at the training ground apparently

Someone tell Giroud's butterz wife to get a grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I have no issue with Alexis moving to United and I would have no issue if Giroud went to Chelsea.

One guy was fed up here and who could blame him. The other needs to play football and if he can continue living where he is to appease his family then so be it.

It's the club who are choosing to strengthen a rival, the players are just doing their job.
    We are strengthening every team in Europe by keeping Wumger TBF.....We are the only team in football history to have been annexed by its manager. Imagine if Wenger had enough money to buy this club....he would never leave, take stem cell tablets until he was 150 yrs old
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    He's at the training ground apparently

Someone tell Giroud's butterz wife to get a grip.
    We could save a few bob by using the same priivate jet to take Giroud to Germany.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people concerned about Giroud going to Chelsea. It wont strengthen them - like he hasnt strengthened us. Having said that I'd rather get rid of the even more shitter Welbz.
    finally after years of gooners telling the old fraudster that you cant polish turds - he has finally woken up to the the fact that Ox, Theo, & Giroud were simply never good enough. He could throw Ramsey, Welbz, Xhaka & Iwobi into the fire aswell because again - they are not good enough & the old goat will only see that in about 2021, when he's considering another 2 year contract.
    With Auba we go into back end of this season looking promising as an attacking force but very vulnerable at the back. TBF a startign line up of Cech, Bellend, Monreal, Mustafi, Kos, Xhaka, Jack, Mikhi, Ozil, Lancazette & Auba is actually our strongest starting 11 for a long time but we have absolutley zero back up on the bench, especially in defence. The thought of having to play Merts, Holding or Chambers is horrifying & we should not be in that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You forgot the part where his missus ruled out moving to Dortmund.
    Pregnant wife. Doesn't want to leave London. It's understandable.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.