User Tag List

Page 2073 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 107315731973202320632071207220732074207520832123217325733073 ... LastLast
Results 20,721 to 20,730 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Corbyn next HCZ. What do you say to that?
    I wasn't aware Jezza was a member of the Populist Right?

That method of thinking seems to indicate that Sanders would have won if he'd run against Trump. A fallacy, he wouldn't.....these voters would have just seen him as another out of touch liberal and it doesn't matter how long he'd spent as a senator railing against wall street and the plutocrats (for what it's worth i actually like Bernie).

Although i will do something uncharacteristic and say something nice about Corbyn, i think he would be a much better British Prime Minister than Trump will be an American president (that's more reflective of my low opinion of the Donald of course but everything is always relative to something else).
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 09-11-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I brought it up to say that people are mistakenly attributing it to Racism (and i clarified that didn't mean you) but at the same time there won't be the moral outrage if someone says we are going to do x and y to z, they are just going to think if it works, it works.....they just want their lives to be better.

If you have stomach pains and go to see two different doctors, one tells you painful exploratory surgery will be needed and there is no guarantee of finding the answer at the end of it, and the other just gives you a bottle of pills and says you will be fine in a week if you just one before you go to bed at night.....despite your misgivings who would you prefer to be right?.
    I don't think anyone did here, so it's not worth discussing.

I think those that voted for Trump have their reasons but I think they need their heads testing. Sue me for the lack of 'political correctness'. If this is a rejection of the establishment, this is the wrong guy to endorse. It's like the people that regularly read and agree with The Sun newspaper backing Rupert Murdoch in an election if that were possible. He'll say what's needed but won't champion regular people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Again, nonsensical. I asked you a question, I didn't suggest you not speak. The hypocrite part is a crude attempt at reflection I guess?
    It's a bullshit question. This is a discussion and you're asking why am still talking? That's rich even for you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post

I think those that voted for Trump have their reasons but I think they need their heads testing. Sue me for the lack of 'political correctness'. If this is a rejection of the establishment, this is the wrong guy to endorse. It's like the people that regularly read and agree with The Sun newspaper backing Rupert Murdoch in an election if that were possible. He'll say what's needed but won't champion regular people.
    I think it's very much worth mentioning because like i say it's just one example of how the reaction to this has been characterised.

Of course it's the wrong guy to endorse, but there was no genuine agent of change so people went for what they thought was the nearest thing. I don't agree with it, but the longer the problem is ignored the longer people will turn to people posing as anti-establishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's very much worth mentioning because like i say it's just one example of how the reaction to this has been characterised.

Of course it's the wrong guy to endorse, but there was no genuine agent of change so people went for what they thought was the nearest thing. I don't agree with it, but the longer the problem is ignored the longer people will turn to people posing as anti-establishment.
    Was Trump even posing as anti establishment? How could he? It's Donald Trump! He's the poster child for corporate America and made a TV show out of it. He was definitely the wrong choice but it really was a shitty choice to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closer to home, how sad that 5 people have died in that tram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware Jezza was a member of the Populist Right?

That method of thinking seems to indicate that Sanders would have won if he'd run against Trump. A fallacy, he wouldn't.....these voters would have just seen him as another out of touch liberal and it doesn't matter how long he'd spent as a senator railing against wall street and the plutocrats (for what it's worth i actually like Bernie).

Although i will do something uncharacteristic and say something nice about Corbyn, i think he would be a much better British Prime Minister than Trump will be an American president (that's more reflective of my low opinion of the Donald of course but everything is always relative to something else).
    Teasing.

But the media will surely be a bit more careful before they use that "unelectable" tag again?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Was Trump even posing as anti establishment? How could he? It's Donald Trump! He's the poster child for corporate America and made a TV show out of it. He was definitely the wrong choice but it really was a shitty choice to begin with.
    he was definitely posing as anti-establishment, against the political elite and media establishment. That they turned to this gaudy realtor who has spent his whole life building monstrosities is exactly part of the 1% that they felt aggrieved about should be absurd, but what isn't absurd about human beings.....one of the biggest globalist super powers on the planet is supposedly a communist state.

What they saw was what they wanted to see, a self-made man (ha) and successful businessman (ha) who wants to turn his personal success story into the American success story. They probably saw him as another Ross Perot.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 09-11-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And which candidate was going to champion regular people? Clinton? Bush? Obama? The other Clinton? The other Bush? Why are you so concerned with Trump sharking his way into the Whitehouse? Look at what went before him.
    Für eure Sicherheit