User Tag List

Page 2074 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 107415741974202420642072207320742075207620842124217425743074 ... LastLast
Results 20,731 to 20,740 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Teasing.

But the media will surely be a bit more careful before they use that "unelectable" tag again?
    Someone made the following point to me earlier

When have Conservatives/The Right ever gone into an election expecting to win and then ended up losing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's a bullshit question. This is a discussion and you're asking why am still talking? That's rich even for you.
    No, I asked you while you were still shovelling snow.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Someone made the following point to me earlier

When have Conservatives/The Right ever gone into an election expecting to win and then ended up losing?
    Romney. They were quite convinced. Nobody else was and that turned out to be a problem.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    I thought they had a record turn out. They did in rural areas which are definitely likely to vote for Trump. And some of Trump voters would have been racist, I watched a programme where a white supremacist was interviewed and he and his cronies were definately for Trump
    Of course there will be racist groups attracted to Trump because that's the card he's played. He knows his strengths and where to pitch himself. A good salesman always knows where to set-up and who to pitch to. America is due to become a majority non-white country in only 16 years time, so there is a lot of fear and paranoia around that. But those who voted for this can't all be tarnished with racism. There are a lot of ignorant people but there's a big difference between being actively racist and ignorant. But Trump, as a career salesman, has exploited those fears to get where he is now. As a salesman you find the customers pain point, scare them with it and offer the solution. That's what he's done. But salesman are good liars.

There is mass misunderstanding about the impact of immigration and natural demographic change, so people fear it. For centuries society has placed others above them due to laziness and manipulation of their understanding and of course wealth. This is what Trump is there for. They can no longer believe in the other guys, so this chancer rocks up, zero experience but wrapped in success and money saying the things they want to hear. The American Dream before their eyes. A throwback to the 80's like UKIP offered. Almost a continuation of how fashion, music, film etc has cherry picked the best parts of the decade too because they are misty-eyed cultural reminders of a 'better time'. They will realise he's another wolf in sheeps clothing and then it will come down to us all to decide do we keep believing a slip of paper in a ballot box is enough or is it time to extinguish that way of order.

The current fear is, if you are non-white and/or Christian in the US right now, you are right to be worried if you live in certain areas because of the gun culture. We know already that just going to school or about your every day business can get you wiped out by some maniac. What Trump's rhetoric has enabled are the crazy nutjobs just waiting for an excuse to legitimise their insanity. Post Brexit that was a concern here but rather than black or Asian communities being targeted, we've seen polish, other Europeans and Muslim women picked on. Those deemed to be the weaker targets, that aren't perceived as be able to fight back. It's been established that the black and Asian communities can and will retaliate, so the cowards that instigate the violence head for the weak as usual. The problem with America is that you can attack anyone at anytime because a bullet doesn't discriminate and foolishly there is strength and safety found behind pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by Kano; 09-11-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, none of what you are saying makes any sense. You are worried about what Trump MIGHT do but seem unconcerned at what Clinton actually has done. There's at least a possibility Trump won't do any of the things you fear whereas there is zero chance with Clinton as she's already done most of them. And thank fuck she's been stopped because the next step seemed to be certain conflict with Russia. I mean did you listen to these crazy fucks during the election? Pure McCarthyism, embarrassing stuff.

I've been caught up in the US election cycle since 1990 and flipping the narrative in the way you are doing is not subtle. In an either/ or situation if Trump doesn't win then the other one wins. So if you are anyone bar Trump, and it sure sounds that way, then by default you are pro-Clinton, at least to the extent you would be okay seeing her take the presidency and welcome her gang into the Whitehouse. I already said yesterday, all yes, I want Trump to win. But you are coy. You want Trump to lose and what? Nobody to win? That wasn't on the menu.

Call bullshit all you want. The Bush/ Clinton era is surely over now (although never say never). I never once said people searched their souls, I said I (personally) find it encouraging that the majority of Americans didn't endorse this super criminal. I said if that had happened there would be little hope for any sort of change, ever. If you run such a fatally flawed and overtly criminal candidate like that and enough people say yes, fine then you are in deep, deep shit. That was averted last night and that's definitely a good thing. Doesn't mean anything has been solved, it just means plenty of very serious shit stands a far better chance of being averted.
    We'll come back to this when Trump is actually doing the job. I wasn't happy that Hilary won over Bernie and thought America had two crappy candidates.

The point I'm challenging you on, is how is this really anything different if you yourself have said Trump has conned the people? I don't think people have woken up to anything just yet and that's the point I keep coming back to. What Hilary has done in the past was a worry. She's a political animal. I'm sure when younger there was a time where she, like most politicians, wanted to serve the people, but the system doesn't allow that. You know that yourself. Most people know that. So it makes even less sense to me to throw Donald Trump into the ring in hope that serious shit will be averted. How Sway? #Kanye2020.

We'll sit back and watch this circus continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    he was definitely posing as anti-establishment, against the political elite and media establishment. That they turned to this gaudy realtor who has spent his whole life building monstrosities is exactly part of the 1% that they felt aggrieved about should be absurd, but what isn't absurd about human beings.....one of the biggest globalist super powers on the planet is supposedly a communist state.

What they saw was what they wanted to see, a self-made man (ha) and successful businessman (ha) who wants to turn his personal success story into the American success story. They probably saw him as another Ross Perot.
    I have no idea how people fell for that line. The promise of creating jobs and fixing the economy.... OK, I can see how people fell for that one since he's a business man. But Anti Establishment? Yeah, right. They'll learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I asked you while you were still shovelling snow.
    This a trick question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Of course there will be racist groups attracted to Trump because that's the card he's played. He knows his strengths and where to pitch himself. A good salesman always knows where to set-up and who to pitch to. America is due to become a majority non-white country in only 16 years time, so there is a lot of fear and paranoia around that. But those who voted for this can't all be tarnished with racism. There are a lot of ignorant people but there's a big difference between being actively racist and ignorant. But Trump, as a career salesman, has exploited those fears to get where he is now. As a salesman you find the customers pain point, scare them with it and offer the solution. That's what he's done. But salesman are good liars.

There is mass misunderstanding about the impact of immigration and natural demographic change, so people fear it. For centuries society has placed others above them due to laziness and manipulation of their understanding and of course wealth. This is what Trump is there for. They can no longer believe in the other guys, so this chancer rocks up, zero experience but wrapped in success and money saying the things they want to hear. The American Dream before their eyes. A throwback to the 80's like UKIP offered. Almost a continuation of how fashion, music, film etc has cherry picked the best parts of the decade too because they are misty-eyed cultural reminders of a 'better time'. They will realise he's another wolf in sheeps clothing and then it will come down to us all to decide do we keep believing a slip of paper in a ballot box is enough or is it time to extinguish that way of order.

The current fear is, if you are non-white and/or Christian in the US right now, you are right to be worried if you live in certain areas because of the gun culture. We know already that just going to school or about your every day business can get you wiped out by some maniac. What Trump's rhetoric has enabled are the crazy nutjobs just waiting for an excuse to legitimise their insanity. Post Brexit that was a concern here but rather than black or Asian communities being targeted, we've seen polish, other Europeans and Muslim women picked on. Those deemed to be the weaker targets, that aren't perceived as be able to fight back. It's been established that the black and Asian communities can and will retaliate, so the cowards that instigate the violence head for the weak as usual. The problem with America is that you can attack anyone at anytime because a bullet doesn't discriminate and foolishly there is strength and safety found behind pulling the trigger.
    That's a good post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll come back to this when Trump is actually doing the job. I wasn't happy that Hilary won over Bernie and thought America had two crappy candidates.

The point I'm challenging you on, is how is this really anything different if you yourself have said Trump has conned the people? I don't think people have woken up to anything just yet and that's the point I keep coming back to. What Hilary has done in the past was a worry. She's a political animal. I'm sure when younger there was a time where she, like most politicians, wanted to serve the people, but the system doesn't allow that. You know that yourself. Most people know that. So it makes even less sense to me to throw Donald Trump into the ring in hope that serious shit will be averted. How Sway? #Kanye2020.

We'll sit back and watch this circus continue.
    There was never a time when Clinton wanted to serve the people. Even back in her days as a despicable lawyer she was a disgraceful, self-serving hack. Make no mistake about it, this is the most corrupt individual ever to run for office. She's more corrupt than her husband because she's smart and he's thick as a plank.

As for Sanders, if he'd had guts he'd have accepted the "political animal" (crook) Clinton robbed him this time and resolved to try again next time. Instead he put the rotten agenda of the Democratic Party above the principles he had originally decided to stand and on which he attracted what I accept was a remarkable level of support. He sold out. He's finished now and all he ended up achieving was driving a percentage of his support into the arms of Trump. Bernie exposed himself as gutless.

I haven't claimed anything is different this morning, in fact I've said the opposite. But the possibility of Clinton, and (much more importantly) the assorted band of lunatics and warmongers she would have appointed, taking power has been averted and this is really very important. There's a line we never want to cross. Fuck Trump. What's he going to do? He has zero power. He'll be the ultimate puppet and the focus now will turn to the rich getting richer. Despicable but at least they'll use different methods, such as tax breaks and easier access to slave labour. Clinton is a connected cog in a much bigger machine. The military industrial complex linked to the appalling regimes in the Middle East linked particularly to that shit hole full of savages Saudi Arabia. These crazy neocon/ neoliberal bastards told us up front what their aims are. She was supposed to be their go to girl but happily for all of us that's not how it panned out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I have no idea how people fell for that line. The promise of creating jobs and fixing the economy.... OK, I can see how people fell for that one since he's a business man. But Anti Establishment? Yeah, right. They'll learn.
    When not a single mainstream newspaper endorsed him for president, i think it's fair to say he could position himself as anti establishment