User Tag List

Page 2087 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 108715871987203720772085208620872088208920972137218725873087 ... LastLast
Results 20,861 to 20,870 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leonard Cohen and Robert Vaughn succumb to 2016.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    ha genius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Ok....in your own words.

BUT

I'm not being dishonest at all.
    Indeed you are. You are trying to equate ISIS with Syria as if a US or Russian assault on ISIS would be an attack on Syria. That's the same as saying the British were attacking France on D-Day. Yes, technically they were waging war on French soil but they were fighting with French forces, not against them. But anyway, you already know that and that's not the aim of your various postings. Your aim is to suggest Trump is somehow in the same bracket as Clinton when it comes to warmongering and war crimes. And yet there is precisely zero evidence to support that suggestion. So instead you pretend there is some discrepancy in my argument.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well of course. 48% of people voted to remain, most of London did.
    Why would MPs in those constituencies vote to leave? If the referendum result was relatively close then so should the vote in parliament but I fully expect it to be passed.
    In the US, Clinton got over 50% of the votes, Trump less than 50%. However, the president is actually voted for by the electoral college which he will win (on, weirdly, the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December which is their rule, believe it or not). And Farage will no doubt be happy for Trump becoming President and has said so. Except that in Britain, although Brexit got more than 50% of the vote, we have an electoral college called Parliament and they decide what happens and have done since the English Civil War. That decision by the judges was simply a clarification of how the British system of government works. It is ironic that the Brexiteers, wishing for British Law and British Governance to be supreme, are angry when British Law is upheld, not by European Court but by British Courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I admit it's a trifle sarcastic, but it might as well be true if the solution is to give these people cooperation

I have no doubt the US is responsible both through incompetence and malfeasance of destabilising Syria, but the refugees flooding away from the country aren't just escaping from ISIS.

The Neo con solution was always direct intervention and leave a vacuum behind, but the Neo cons are relatively a new force...American foreign policy was largely using the military to back the potentates or better still put our fingers in our ears and say "sorry i can't hear you" when Russia fighters are "provoked and backed into a corner by NATO aggression" into bombing Aid convoys.

That seems to be the bottom line, American imperialism bad, Russian Imperialism? meh.....what you gonna do?
    Does this explain the chain of US installations and the missile bases ringing Russia? Or the use of the defensive NATO as an offensive force? Not really. As I said, look at the map. The Russians don't need to be good guys for the Americans to be the aggressor.

"Despite recently closing hundreds of bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities. Britain, France and Russia, by contrast, have about 30 foreign bases combined."

Coy for Wikipedia to lump Russia in with Britain and France. Should we instead say NATO has hundreds of bases overseas, Russia has something like 10 IIRC, ALL within their sphere of influence? Probably.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Does this explain the chain of US installations and the missile bases ringing Russia? Or the use of the defensive NATO as an offensive force? Not really. As I said, look at the map. The Russians don't need to be good guys for the Americans to be the aggressor.

"Despite recently closing hundreds of bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities. Britain, France and Russia, by contrast, have about 30 foreign bases combined."

Coy for Wikipedia to lump Russia in with Britain and France. Should we instead say NATO has hundreds of bases overseas, Russia has something like 10 IIRC, ALL within their sphere of influence? Probably.
    And US Installations near Russian territory does not justify land grabbing or acting as an aerial police force for Bashar Al-Assad.

So regardless of what ill the Americans have done, nothing indicates that cooperation with Russia is to anyone's benefit but that of an unpleasant kleptocratic regime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    And US Installations near Russian territory does not justify land grabbing or acting as an aerial police force for Bashar Al-Assad.

So regardless of what ill the Americans have done, nothing indicates that cooperation with Russia is to anyone's benefit but that of an unpleasant kleptocratic regime.
    The alternative being? really, I want to hear it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Phil Collins tickets on sale for Hyde Park, Letters.

Sorry I can't make it that day.
    Yes, saw that
    Went for Robbie Williams instead
    My musical taste