Page 21 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at this cunt

Honestly. Look at him.

All he's done is continued to say "It's great, it'll go away, we're handling it great" as the numbers grow exponentially.
    People are going to die because he has no clue what he's doing. It's tragic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fake news BBC at it again. Currently the death toll in the US is one of the lowest per 100,000 of the population, second only to the Germans. And testing has been ramped up considerably, so of course there are more cases. We'd have millions here in the UK if enough test kits were distributed. And there are undoubtedly millions in China but you'll never get a straight answer from them anyway.

Fake news operations like the BBC, Sky, NYT etc are screaming out headlines about death tolls and infections without any context. Trump's handling of the situation, while having to simultaneously fight internal sabotage by the Democrats, has been effective, hence his steadily increasing approval rating among Americans (as opposed to corporate sponsored hacks in the media).

And even then, the media's blind acceptance of propaganda coming out of China is very notable. Despite the Chinese regime being responsible for an estimated 95% of the global deaths so far, due to their attempts to hide the outbreak and silence those trying to bring attention to it, the bought and paid for leftist media (and now even right wing sources like the Daily Mail) take every word coming from Beijing at face value before turning all their doubts on the UK and US governments. The fifth column at work again, just as it was during Brexit and Russia!Russia!Russia! No matter how ludicrous it gets, they persist. Perhaps the Daily Mail's recent content sharing arrangement with a major Chinese propaganda agency could explain their sudden warm and fuzzy attitude towards despotic regimes?

The mainstream fake news is going to be a casualty of this pandemic. Decent human beings who can put aside partisan politics at a time of real (as opposed to imagined) crisis have the opportunity to see these hacks unmasked. Th legacy dinosaur media was already dying. This will hasten their extinction, to the betterment of mankind.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    OBJECT!
    OBJECTION!!!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Look at this cunt

Honestly. Look at him.

All he's done is continued to say "It's great, it'll go away, we're handling it great" as the numbers grow exponentially.
    People are going to die because he has no clue what he's doing. It's tragic.
    Sociopathic springs to mind, has no care what he says no matter how reckless it is in such a position of power, so long as he can retain his voters for the election later this year.

I don't care what anyone says I can see it with my own eyes, this guy is the worst. Abhorrent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Sociopathic springs to mind, has no care what he says no matter how reckless it is in such a position of power, so long as he can retain his voters for the election later this year.

I don't care what anyone says I can see it with my own eyes, this guy is the worst. Abhorrent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post

I genuinely don't understand it. How can people not see this?
    I can't stand Boris, he has lied his way into Number 10 - I guess they all do, but it's so blatant with him.
    He has some pretty objectionable views but his veneer of bumbling affability is depressing effective.
    BUT...he is a smart guy. It's a tactic which has served him well and he is very switched on. I actually think he's doing OK in all this.
    All Trump has done is just kept repeating how great he's doing and how it's all going to go away.
    Stupid, dangerous cunt.
    It's not an act with him. He genuinely doesn't know what he's doing and his narcissism is so evident in the way he reacts when anyone puts him under any scrutiny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbyn waz rite

What a fucking twat.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Fake news BBC at it again.
    Sigh. This is one of Trump's most dangerous tactics. Attempt to de-legitimise the press, the very people who should be holding him to account.
    The media are "fake news", you get your real news from me - the actions of a wannabe dictator.

But it's not fake news, is it? You just saying it is doesn't make it so any more than Trump saying he's doing a great job and that this will all go away makes that true. The BBC are simply reporting that the US total cases is the highest in the world. They've named their source. And they are correct.

Currently the death toll in the US is one of the lowest per 100,000 of the population, second only to the Germans.
    Nope. Ironically, THAT is fake news:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You can sort by total deaths per million. Loads of countries have lower. They're mid-table at best. Unless you have a different source.
    Now, of course, the testing regime is a fair point. I've said this before, that does make the number of cases in each country a poor indicator of actual infection rate but death rate is more objective and while theirs is nowhere near the worst it most certainly is not the 2nd best in the world.

Trump's handling of the situation, while having to simultaneously fight internal sabotage by the Democrats, has been effective, hence his steadily increasing approval rating among Americans
    No, it hasn't. And his increasing approval rating isn't any indication that it has any more than him just repeatedly saying he's doing a great job makes it so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How fucking thick do you have to be to go around squealing "FAKE NEWS!" at anything you don't like?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump has succeeded - he wanted to put 'America First' and he has because they're first in the league table for coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52056586
    Last edited by Mac76; 27-03-2020 at 09:24 AM.