User Tag List

Page 2104 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 110416042004205420942102210321042105210621142154220426043104 ... LastLast
Results 21,031 to 21,040 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I'm starting to think NQ should be on some sort of nutter watchlist as well.
    Give it time, we'll get there eventually. Small steps.

Anyway, St Jo Cox - what's the deal? Why is she in any way, shape or form worthy of comment over and above any other murder victim? Because political hacks want to spin their agendas off her corpse? Is that it, or is this woman noteworthy in some other way?

Meanwhile, "normal" people are fighting each other for places in the queue as they brandish the remnants of their overtaxed labour in the hope of consuming more shit they don't need. Nah, I'm not the crazy guy. I just look that way in a world full of crazies.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, Black Friday. They're trying to stir up the same craze over here.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Actually I'm minded to side with NQ (not with everything he said obviously). But in the sense that I'm sure Jo Cox was a nice enough person, a good mother to her kids and someone who was loved by people......but there are plenty of people we might say that of. Would there be this beatification if she wasn't a politician?.

If an ordinary woman had been murdered in the streets of course it would have reached the national media but would it have been treated with the same reverence, would the same armchair psychoanalysis have been given to Thomas Muir?.

And even beyond that consideration it is established that media attention to these type of acts only tend to encourage further such acts, because of this obsession to be a somebody whether for good reasons or for ill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She died because of the job she was doing and she was on her way to do that job. Nobody should die like that, but when a public servant is killed because someone disagrees with her views it is a big deal. There would be no politicians left is this were the norm.

I do understand though, that giving them too much air time is furthering whatever cause they have. I think that's why a lot of new outlets featured her rather than him. He must have been devastated when the judge wouldn't let him address the court at the end of the trial.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 25-11-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    She died because of the job she was doing and she was on her way to do that job. Nobody should die like that, but when a public servant is killed because someone disagrees with her views it is a big deal. There would be no politicians left is this were the norm.

I do understand though, that giving them too much air time is furthering whatever cause they have. I think that's why a lot of new outlets featured her rather than him. He must have been devastated when the judge wouldn't let him address the court at the end of the trial.
    That's the problem though, the more a bigger deal is made of it. The more attractive the prospect of murdering public servants as a way of sending a "political message". It should have been treated as an ordinary murder and Thomas Muir as a loser with nothing to say.

But the media want to sensationalise, the same way they did when they released the video of Michael Adebelajo talking to the camera at the scene of Lee Rigbys killing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    That's the problem though, the more a bigger deal is made of it. The more attractive the prospect of murdering public servants as a way of sending a "political message". It should have been treated as an ordinary murder and Thomas Muir as a loser with nothing to say.

But the media want to sensationalise, the same way they did when they released the video of Michael Adebelajo talking to the camera at the scene of Lee Rigbys killing.
    I didn't see that, but that is akin to the judge letting Mair have his say at the end of the trial, shouldln't have been allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, double standards in the press but that's nothing new. Swap 'Muir' for 'Mohammad' and I'm sure more papers would focus on the killers background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all just another demonstration of the "equality" this nation stands for (or puts up with).

When one of "them" dies then we weep. When one of us dies, well there's tax due. Pay up!

Any anyway, do politicians still think it was a good idea to slash mental care facilities and social support and throw a bunch of nutters into the streets to fend for themselves? There are so many questions we could be asking about this incident but here's what Jo Cox actually amounts to, and I hope her family tells everyone to fuck off.

Left Wing: Saint Cox, Mother of Liberty. Murdered by a right wing racist.

Right Wing: Saint Cox, but only because we want to be seen to be doing the "right thing". A sad consequence of all these immigrants coming over here, taking our jobs.

Take a moment to be honest and tell me I'm wrong.

And as for the Guardian lecturing other legacy news outlets on omission. The devil is keeping a seat warm for these hypocritical bastards.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    I didn't see that, but that is akin to the judge letting Mair have his say at the end of the trial, shouldln't have been allowed.
    Why not? It's just as much his court as the judges. People forget that. These are OUR courts too and we have a right to be heard in them and they have an obligation to hear. It's the principle that's important, not the content.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's all just another demonstration of the "equality" this nation stands for (or puts up with).

When one of "them" dies then we weep. When one of us dies, well there's tax due. Pay up!

Any anyway, do politicians still think it was a good idea to slash mental care facilities and social support and throw a bunch of nutters into the streets to fend for themselves? There are so many questions we could be asking about this incident but here's what Jo Cox actually amounts to, and I hope her family tells everyone to fuck off.

Left Wing: Saint Cox, Mother of Liberty. Murdered by a right wing racist.

Right Wing: Saint Cox, but only because we want to be seen to be doing the "right thing". A sad consequence of all these immigrants coming over here, taking our jobs.

Take a moment to be honest and tell me I'm wrong.

And as for the Guardian lecturing other legacy news outlets on omission. The devil is keeping a seat warm for these hypocritical bastards.
    The only issue I take with what you've said, is to equate it with Mental Health issues

Whilst I am quite happy for people like Mair and Adebalajo to be found not guilty by reason of insanity. In the conventional sense neither are mentally ill. They aren't victims of an uncaring political system that infantilises their behaviour, they are maladjusted sociopaths and no amount of treatment would prevent what they did.

I totally agree that the cutting in funding to mental health services is a disgrace but that's because it leaves people vulnerable and unable to lead independent lives not because it churns out n'er do wells like Mair.