User Tag List

Page 2175 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 117516752075212521652173217421752176217721852225227526753175 ... LastLast
Results 21,741 to 21,750 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    This is why the vote in parliament was unnecessary and undemocratic. The people already voted and fuck the parliament and their made up and two tier laws, which are not genuine laws at all. If parliament was democratic then the result there should have mirrored the referendum result, at least roughly. As you say, the cunt politicians are supposed to be representing their constituencies and this is what I just don't get about people who waste their time voting whilst giving that critical endorsement to these bastards. Politicians represent their parties, not the people. Why the hell would you ever need a whip (the political kind, not the kind they have rent boys use on them) if the politicians were representing their constituents?

Now people will say wait, that's not how it works. We sent those politicians there to make decisions on our behalf. Well fine, but stop calling it representation and certainly stop calling it a democracy. What we really have is a selection process (where we select pre-selected candidates) once every 5 years. Then the cunts get to do what they want and ignore the people, and this is precisely what they do. There isn't even a hint of democracy within this system, it's all just words. And people even know this, they say it doesn't matter who you vote for because nothing ever changes. Almost true. Nothing ever changes for the better, but politicians are always working to make things worse.

The referendum was the first taste of democracy we've had in ages and the way it has upset people who plainly don't like democracy after all is pretty illustrative. These fuckers will tell you straight to your face, we can't leave these things up to the people in our "representative democracies", we have to decide what's best for them because it's all just too complicated for them to understand. Well yeah, if the other half of the parliamentarian mission is to lie and bathe in secrecy then sure, it's pretty fucking hard for the people to know what the fuck is going on. That's not the peoples' fault though, the lying politicians and their whore media are solely responsible.

So the democracy thing? Doesn't exist. Make-believe. Stuff that people can tell themselves.

The only way we'll ever get genuine democracy is if we cut the politicians out of the process. Parliament is the barrier to democracy, and a barrier to every form of equality and justice. People need to stop endorsing that shit if they want to make some progress. And no, it wouldn't be instant chaos if these self-serving scumbags were booted out. There have been plenty of instances of governments being disbanded for long periods of time while they argued who was in charge and who got to sit in the big seats. Hardly anybody fucking noticed they were gone, except the media, their whores. People just got on with their lives because the reality is government is just a giant leech attached to your back and when that leech falls off live actually becomes a hell of a lot easier.

But there would be no police and gangs would roam the streets and kill people! No. To all intents and purposes there are no police now, not for YOU anyway. A gang could roam down your street today and the police wouldn't do a damn thing about it. Their job is now almost entirely concerned with running a protection racket. Dishing fines and protecting business, that's what they do. You get burgled and they won't even show up. They admit it. Government doesn't bring you security, it steals your money so you can't afford hire a security firm to provide you with real rather than imaginary protection. Everything about government is an illusion, albeit a bloody expensive one.

Get rid.
    The Bill wasn't about whether we would leave the EU or not, it was about whether to give this government carte blanche over how it handles the exit negotiations or not.

I don't remember a clause in the referendum paper that says Do you want to remain or want to leave and in doing so hand complete control over to this government to make decisions on your behalf without having it ratified by parliament (the way it would have to if it passed any legislation).

You rip the "legacy media" to shreds and yet it was this very same media that kicked up the fuss over this matter, it was the government that didn't want to play ball because it risked having to admit it had no ideas what it was going to do (not surprising given that Whitehall had no contingency in place in the event of Brexit).

Frankly i am often bemused with the Brexiter attitude in some quarters, surely they want this thing to work....if they are getting someone in to do building work do you tell them to do it as quick as possible and do a rush job or take their time and do it properly. It's almost like they don't care if it works or not, they just want the fringe benefits for themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    My MP was a Remain campaigner, in a Remain constituency, yet voted to trigger article 50.

So he's not only voted against his constituents wishes, but his own as well.

All I hear these days is "the Will of the People"

Let me ask you this, what happened to the will of the people when they screwed us over Boaty McBoatface?

#JeSuisBoaty
    If the people aren't willing to rise up over that outrage then they won't rise up under any circumstances. It's sad and we're doomed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    If the people aren't willing to rise up over that outrage then they won't rise up under any circumstances. It's sad and we're doomed.
    Yep i don't get how people with kids and a mortgage and worrying about paying the bills and looking after their sick parents don't take to the streets at such things when they are clearly the thin end of the wedge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The Bill wasn't about whether we would leave the EU or not, it was about whether to give this government carte blanche over how it handles the exit negotiations or not.

I don't remember a clause in the referendum paper that says Do you want to remain or want to leave and in doing so hand complete control over to this government to make decisions on your behalf without having it ratified by parliament (the way it would have to if it passed any legislation).

You rip the "legacy media" to shreds and yet it was this very same media that kicked up the fuss over this matter, it was the government that didn't want to play ball because it risked having to admit it had no ideas what it was going to do (not surprising given that Whitehall had no contingency in place in the event of Brexit).

Frankly i am often bemused with the Brexiter attitude in some quarters, surely they want this thing to work....if they are getting someone in to do building work do you tell them to do it as quick as possible and do a rush job or take their time and do it properly. It's almost like they don't care if it works or not, they just want the fringe benefits for themselves.
    Come now, let's not play games. The vote was potentially a means by which to derail the process. Is there a suggestion in play that parliament won't continue to operate as normal, post-Brexit? New trade deals, immigration policies, the transfer of legislative powers, all of it - was it ever going to be the case it would not be business as usual and if true, where's any spoken or written evidence of that? Of course the parliament will be administering the exit from the EU and everything that comes afterwards. This is a given and requires no confirmation. Not that a confirmation or lack of it makes much difference because the Tories can do what they want anyway, who's going to stop them? So the vote's a sham from top to bottom. A device by Europhiles to try to at least delay if not overturn. They had no chance of success because contrary to all the bleating of these establishment and the media whores, the people themselves know full well what they voted for.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Yep i don't get how people with kids and a mortgage and worrying about paying the bills and looking after their sick parents don't take to the streets at such things when they are clearly the thin end of the wedge.
    Undiluted complacency.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Come now, let's not play games. The vote was potentially a means by which to derail the process. Is there a suggestion in play that parliament won't continue to operate as normal, post-Brexit? New trade deals, immigration policies, the transfer of legislative powers, all of it - was it ever going to be the case it would not be business as usual and if true, where's any spoken or written evidence of that? Of course the parliament will be administering the exit from the EU and everything that comes afterwards. This is a given and requires no confirmation. Not that a confirmation or lack of it makes much difference because the Tories can do what they want anyway, who's going to stop them? So the vote's a sham from top to bottom. A device by Europhiles to try to at least delay if not overturn. They had no chance of success because contrary to all the bleating of these establishment and the media whores, the people themselves know full well what they voted for.
    If it was true the Tories could do what they want there would be no need for the Whip system and there would be no history of a majority government having a bill defeated.

"A device by Europhiles to try to at least delay if not overturn" - straight out of the mouth of the editorial of the Daily Express.

If the process is delayed so what? as i've said better it take longer and get it right. And as for overturning it, given that these MPs (probably a small majority of whom were in favour of remaining) voted overwhelmingly to back the triggering of Article 50 it suggests to me that it wouldn't wash even if they wished to do so.

I don't want Brexit to fail i live in this country what possible benefit would it be to me, you tend to lose the desire to fold your arms smugly and say i told you so when you are out of a job and the price of good has massively inflated. My reason for wanting to remain was far from ideological, yeah i think Nationalism is a lot of silly nonsense but if i genuinely felt we would be better off out i'd have voted Leave without hesitation.

I'm metaphorically in the waiting room, fearing the worst and hoping i'm wrong.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Undiluted complacency.
    maybe they don't feel the boot on their face quite as palpably as you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it weird that my mate has seemingly invited his soon to be father in law on his stag?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Is it weird that my mate has seemingly invited his soon to be father in law on his stag?
    depends is his name Han Solo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It could get quite awkward when he's banging the stripper
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.