User Tag List

Page 2177 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 117716772077212721672175217621772178217921872227227726773177 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,770 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Well yes i'm going to go ahead and guess that the majority of the 150 million people who voted in America on November 2016 don't agree with you that they'd be better off with no government, they might agree with you that government isn't working in their best interests, constantly lies to them etc but sometimes just to get the basic things actually done that you have to hit and hope and devolve certain tasks to the least objectionable.
    Yep, true, for some reason the majority of the 150million yanks think they need a government. Just a bad upbringing I guess.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want everyone, en masse, to stop voting to effect change.
    I want everyone, en masse, to stop spending money on Arsenal to effect change.

And Arsenal do turn up at your door, when I was a member they would relentlessly email me and send me letters inviting me to spend more money on them in various ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You want everyone, en masse, to stop voting to effect change.
    I want everyone, en masse, to stop spending money on Arsenal to effect change.

And Arsenal do turn up at your door, when I was a member they would relentlessly email me and send me letters inviting me to spend more money on them in various ways.
    Just concede a shitty position and move on. What's the point trying to hold it at all costs?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't always agree with letters but I think that's an apt and succinct comparison he's made

You're saying change can only happen if everyone abstains and so is he

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't always agree with letters but I think that's an apt and succinct comparison he's made

You're saying change can only happen if everyone abstains and so is he
    Sorry, but consumers making choices and citizens endorsing a government are so far removed it's hard to know what could be more distant. Yes, total abstinence would have an impact on both, but this similarity only extends as far as saying total abstinence of anything that was previously engaged with is likely to have a result. Put another way, what does a fan in Manchester care if we boycott Arsenal? But he's affected if everyone refuses to turn up for the shitty elections.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One lettuce is bad enough
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sorry, but consumers making choices and citizens endorsing a government are so far removed it's hard to know what could be more distant. Yes, total abstinence would have an impact on both, but this similarity only extends as far as saying total abstinence of anything that was previously engaged with is likely to have a result. Put another way, what does a fan in Manchester care if we boycott Arsenal? But he's affected if everyone refuses to turn up for the shitty elections.
    I would apply that standard equally, what would Germans care if everyone in the UK boycotted their election.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    One lettuce is bad enough
    I'll give you fifty pounds.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the democracy thing? Doesn't exist. Make-believe. Stuff that people can tell themselves.

The only way we'll ever get genuine democracy is if we cut the politicians out of the process. Parliament is the barrier to democracy, and a barrier to every form of equality and justice. People need to stop endorsing that shit if they want to make some progress. And no, it wouldn't be instant chaos if these self-serving scumbags were booted out. There have been plenty of instances of governments being disbanded for long periods of time while they argued who was in charge and who got to sit in the big seats. Hardly anybody fucking noticed they were gone, except the media, their whores. People just got on with their lives because the reality is government is just a giant leech attached to your back and when that leech falls off live actually becomes a hell of a lot easier.

But there would be no police and gangs would roam the streets and kill people! No. To all intents and purposes there are no police now, not for YOU anyway. A gang could roam down your street today and the police wouldn't do a damn thing about it. Their job is now almost entirely concerned with running a protection racket. Dishing fines and protecting business, that's what they do. You get burgled and they won't even show up. They admit it. Government doesn't bring you security, it steals your money so you can't afford hire a security firm to provide you with real rather than imaginary protection. Everything about government is an illusion, albeit a bloody expensive one.

Get rid.
    You've got a lot of faith in humanity. Government can act as a big leech but we come across people that are happy to watch others lift the load whilst they do the bare minimum all the time. You've seen The Walking Dead.

One thing that always stuck with me during a sociology class when talking about crime and punishment was when our lecturer flipped the question and asked 'why don't people commit crime?'. It's morality for some and others don't out of fear of being caught along with social stigma. There are some good people out there but I have zero faith in most people doing the right thing if they knew they could get away with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would apply that standard equally, what would Germans care if everyone in the UK boycotted their election.....
    Plenty, if it was a referendum on whether to stay hooked up with the instinctively fascist turds. On a national level, depends which hand was washing which hand. For maybe half of them it would mean something.
    Für eure Sicherheit