User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal v Man City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshGooner View Post
    Wonder what folks on here would have been saying were it Vermaelen and not Kompany?

I still maintain that it was an excellent challenge; no lunge, no mal-intent, no follow through with the trailing leg, he got all ball and caused no harm. Our dross would do well to emulate this top quality defender.

Futhermore, I'm glad the FA made a mug of Mike Dean, even though the Shiek's money was the influencing factor.
    vermaelen could never make a challenge like that.

he'd be way out of position somewhere near the opposition goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshGooner View Post
    Wonder what folks on here would have been saying were it Vermaelen and not Kompany?

I still maintain that it was an excellent challenge; no lunge, no mal-intent, no follow through with the trailing leg, he got all ball and caused no harm. Our dross would do well to emulate this top quality defender.

Futhermore, I'm glad the FA made a mug of Mike Dean, even though the Shiek's money was the influencing factor.
    If it had been TV I would say it was an excellent challenge, and quite rightly too because it would have been. But this is Kompany, so it was a red. Not sure why people are defending him, including the poxy FA.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldn't call it a defence, more that some people want to completely eradicate any hint, any modicum of a suggestion that the ref influenced us losing the game. of course most of us know it was our fault and realise it but that motherfucker dean didn't help by muddying the waters with his flouncing about at the emirates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    i wouldn't call it a defence, more that some people want to completely eradicate any hint, any modicum of a suggestion that the ref influenced us losing the game. of course most of us know it was our fault and realise it but that motherfucker dean didn't help by muddying the waters with his flouncing about at the emirates.
    Fair point, but I'll tell you one thing for sure. That fucking ref cost us the game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Kompany's red was cancelled, he made a brilliant tackle on Wilshire, if only we had a leader and defender half as good as this guy! Even if we had bought him all those years ago, chances are he would have gone to Citeh or Madrid soon after, well we are a selling club and selling our best players is how we roll here at Arsenal, sad but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger would have never signed Kompany. He can defend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    Nothing to disagree with here, tbh.