The only thing we have in common.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Give it up. You're having resort back to the old 606 board to drag up ancient history. Does it bother you that much? You have been wrong for a very long time. Accept it.
    Ancient history includes the same timeframe Zim was talking about?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Why do we even start these transfer threads anyway. It's always a complete waste of time. Even when they do spend money it all goes on dredging machines so they can dig up the likes of Xhaka. Interesting question on that Tuesday Club podcast. How come nobody else ever bids for our transfer targets?
    What like Lemar in this very window? I don't know what people on podcasts are talking about most of the time.

If they mean the players we do buy, Wenger has already got them gooey-eyed by that point somehow, so they aren't going to consider anybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably overstated it when I said fighting. Dissenting might be closer to the mark.

Why would Gazidis walk rather than weasel his way to the top? Because he's already supposedly at the top. The senior executive at the club. And even with all his weasel ways he ends up impotent. I've seen execs quit just for having their decision questioned in a meeting. The corporate world is all about pecking order and deference. Once the founder has gone you tend to get left with shitty functionaries who know how to steer a ship but wouldn't have the first clue how to build one or repair it when it breaks down. If Gazidis has tried yet failed then that failure has to be judged as absolute. He's demonstrated he'll never have the influence to do anything significant so he's literally pointless. He made his play and came up short, apparently against a saint of a man who loves the club and the people. Yeah right, is that the sort of man who prevails in these confrontations. The dirtiest, shittiest, double dealing scumbag tends to come out on top. Not a pride thing with Gazidis, it's a power thing. Plainly he has none so it would be better to get somebody else in who might be an even bigger cunt than Wenger. Worth a try. Instead they have chosen to present a pathetic unified front, as if their spats in the media never happened. Imagine if Gazidis had said, well I tried but that cunt Wenger won't listen to reason and is against all notion of change, wouldn't that be some pretty nice ammo to pound the two bastards who remain? And of course Gazidis would have to resign if he told the truth. But he wants the cash, he's prepared to admit the job is bigger than him in return for it and that he's Wenger's bitch. His choice. Castrated. Loser. I guess he fits in now.
    Gazidis leaving and making such a statement would get people on here taking but not much else. What's the ammo? Who has the gun? What are they going to do with it? It's a lot of noise and empty threats. The fans and media can play their part but we still need someone inside the club that can actually make a play for Wenger's job. I can't see Wenger and Stan appointing anyone else that could pro ideas a threat to them. There is reason why Henry wasn't allowed to coach here and it makes sense for them to usher Jonker out of the door. That's two members of staff with eyes for a managerial role. It is the opposite of people like Bould who has openly declared that he doesn't want the manager role. That's no ambition.

Also, Ivan hasn't got the top job. It seems like it in name but he doesn't have the influence. This story will develop and we'll continue to hear more information. But from what I can see, Wenger is the one resistant to change and he's managed to fend off potential threats. I don't think he'll survive another two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Ancient history includes the same timeframe Zim was talking about?
    Zim, like most of us do, bring up old Arsenal related news and occurrences. Letters is spending his time digging out the dead GW site to try and discredit Zim. He looks ridiculous. Zim can be over the top and extreme with his views but we don't need Letters to dig up old shit to know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Wenger apologist who only dives in to attack the messenger whenever his French fancy man is criticised. The rather transparent disguise is the odd, I wanted him sacked, I wanted him sacked comment. And then everything else is, oh please be reasonable, oh lets wait and see, oh we won the FA Cup, oh we finished 5th, but who can we replace Wenger with, there's nobody, but Wenger built the stadium with his bare hands.

For me, 2006, just after that fuck awful FA Cup final that is was painful and embarrassing to win, where Wenger had turned full coward and sent our warriors out to cower, to find every negative way to stink up the game, that seems about the right moment to be getting on Wenger's case. Unfortunately I'm a stupid cunt and it took me a lot longer to twig. And some still haven't.
    by the way.

Shouldn't Zim and Letters have something to agree on now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    What like Lemar in this very window? I don't know what people on podcasts are talking about most of the time.

If they mean the players we do buy, Wenger has already got them gooey-eyed by that point somehow, so they aren't going to consider anybody else.
    If he was a real transfer target he'd be signed up. He never was.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is a cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Zim, like most of us do, bring up old Arsenal related news and occurrences. Letters is spending his time digging out the dead GW site to try and discredit Zim. He looks ridiculous. Zim can be over the top and extreme with his views but we don't need Letters to dig up old shit to know that.
    Quite impressive how after defending Wenger for years, Letters has found something on Zim that allows him to showcase this debacle of Wengers last 13 years as a victory for him.
    LedumbProf himself would be proud. We are truly in an ideal situation.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Letters clearly picked a bad example, as actually for once given what I remember of the time Zim wrote that...it wasn't an unreasonable sentiment to be losing faith in someone who had gone from the unbeaten season to balless defeats peppered everywhere.

The broader point is that Zim seems to dine out on his exaggerations. And it's hard not to roll your eyes at times.

We all reached our conclusions about Wenger at different times, I reached mine in 2011.

Even now I still don't hate Wenger, I resent him for what he's doing being so selfish and arrogant. We've always been known as a team that "didn't like it up em". But now on top of that actual spineless capitulations and shockingly bad football which fans are paying a premium for.

He isn't stupid it's not that he doesn't recognise that. He just won't do anything to fix it because everything has to be done his way and he doesn't want to challenge his players.

If he was as tough and ruthless with his players as Ferguson was than I doubt we'd be seeing this decline so badly. Ferguson himself wasn't a tactical genius, but he knew when to delegate, when to change things and was a great motivator.

Wenger doesn't like confrontation so could never be like that.