Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bit more paper talk on Auba to United.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’d be absolutely livid if we sold him to raise money for Zaha.
    This kind of goes back to what I was banging on about during last season - should we sell a big player to raise funds if our transfer pot is small. It also ties into the self sufficient argument. There’s on only one team in the Prem that doesn’t operate that way anymore, even Chelsea have changed their model. But the difference is, we don’t have CL money to help. Should we sell Auba or Laca to raise money? We maybe don’t have much choice. But to Utd? That would be hard to swallow.

Edit: Although, he does have two years left on his contract and if he isn’t going to sign and Raul is going to stick to his word, then he could well be a gonna.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 28-06-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more paper talk on Auba to United.

Don’t know about anyone else but I’d be absolutely livid if we sold him to raise money for Zaha.
    Me too, Auba scores lots of goals, one of the few players I want to keep hold of, Zaha won't score that many goals and to be honest is a bit overrated IMO.

Be just like this club to do something that stupid though. Are there any Man U rejects we can take off their hands as well?
    Last edited by Özim; 28-06-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we do have to sell our biggest assets then fine, as long as the players we bring in are of a similar standard.

Zaha is definitely not worth 70m or whatever if it meant losing a 30 goal striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup agreed, if we sold Auba to fund a top quality player, preferably a striker to replace him who will score goals, then fine, but for someone like Zaha......please.

I don't even particularly want us to sign this guy anyway, there's better out there for less money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we do have to sell our biggest assets then fine, as long as the players we bring in are of a similar standard.

Zaha is definitely not worth 70m or whatever if it meant losing a 30 goal striker.
    I guess the thinking would be to spread goals across the team, which we need, and more creativity out wide. Zaha hasn’t scored a lot for Palace, but he’d be in a team who have the ball more and create more chances. I’m not 100% sold on the idea of Zaha at all, but if we sold a big player I think the money would be spent on another position. Still, the transfer market in the Prem has been bloody slow - either July is going to go nuts, or it’ll be a very quiet summer for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lyon have said the Ndombele transfer isn’t close at all

They’ve apparently bid Ł40m but nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of these rumours are created with the premise of destabilising a player to be honest, Ornstein mentioned we'd need to sell Aubameyang to buy Zaha, now it's come out in the papers.

Unfortunately this can sometimes lead to a transfer as a player can suddenly fancy a move to that club and if the club are interested a move can happen. I hope that's not the case but if Man U decide they're interested then we might have a problem, he must see how little we have to spend and how little ambition we have. That's the trouble with this model we use, top players don't want to hear you're going to sign nobodies and you have no money for top players, they want to hear that quality signings are going to be made so we can challenge for top prizes.

RVP had it spot on with the club, he had to move on to win stuff and he did, players/fans have been complaining about our transfer policy for years and it's always fallen on deaf ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aulas said:

Speaking on RMC, he said: "If I wait another eight days, it will be €80million (Ł72m).

Tottenham made us an opening offer worth €45m (Ł40m). Then, we discussed more. Nothing is done, I can assure you. We are not in a hurry either.

"Tanguy has shown his qualities with the French national team. He is one of our best players. How much is he worth? I do not know, but not just €45m.
    Doesn't look like he's saying he wants 72 million to me, just that he's worth more than 40 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's being reported Bielik wants to leave, so not sure he'll be sticking around for us to use him so that option might have gone out the window for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's been 15 years since we won the league which means there is an entire generation of young players coming through who only know Arsenal to be the butt of all jokes.
    Is being champions and the "butt of all jokes" the only two options?
    How many clubs have been more successful than us in that time?
    Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, I guess you'd have to add Leicester . Who else? Spurs haven't won a thing to our 3 FA Cups so not them.

We're not where we need to be and with our owner I'm not convinced we'll get there but some of you lot need to have a word with yourselves. We are far better placed to succeed than most clubs.