User Tag List

Page 2234 of 3211 FirstFirst ... 12341734213421842224223222332234223522362244228423342734 ... LastLast
Results 22,331 to 22,340 of 32105

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Roger Moore is dead.
    He must have been in his 90s surely? Seems like he had a good go of it. Not many get to be James Bond.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    As I said, some people don't think the rights they enjoy (again obviously not you seeing as far as your concerned we might as well be living in North Korea) need to be universal to have any meaning.

And some people believe if the west packed up and went home that the terrorist attacks like in Manchester would suddenly go away. I wouldn't mind but the terrorists themselves are telling us that's not the case.
    I have literally zero idea how you have managed to characterise my argument that way. It seems that if anything drifts outside the good west/ bad east paradigm you feel the needs to reach for polarising superlatives.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He must have been in his 90s surely? Seems like he had a good go of it. Not many get to be James Bond.
    89, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a kid I was blown away by Moonraker. Space shuttles, secret agents, Jaws, tits, ass - what's not to love? In reality, such a silly film. But in that time and place, a classic. A corny treat I still enjoy occasionally. He was a terrible actor, one of the worst. But that was the charm.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The greatest irony is we have the template to peace.

Jebus

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I have literally zero idea how you have managed to characterise my argument that way. It seems that if anything drifts outside the good west/ bad east paradigm you feel the needs to reach for polarising superlatives.
    No I just think it's overly simplistic to see total equivalence, the kind of whataboutery used by men like George Galloway who slobber and fawn over men like Saddam and Assad, and supporter of military dictatorships in places like Pakistan because he thinks democracy is too sophisticated for such a simple people.

You don't have to support Iran-Contra, Saudi Arms dealing, the overt Israeli influence on western foreign policy and anything in relation to the morally dubious realpolitik of actual war criminals like Henry Kissinger in order not to think all western military intervention is an equal and opposite act of terrorism.

Equally you don't have to support the shameless profiteering of the military industrial complex and oil companies to think that countries like Syria and Iraq and its people are better off without their Baathist dictators.

The biggest crime in Iraq is that people who fled the regime or who were still there begged the Americans to help during the 80s and even after we had extricated Saddam from Kuwait, but it ignored their pleas and left them to be tortured and murdered. So if anything it's the non intervention, the deal making with supposed friendly dictators (as if there's any such thing) that I hold the west in contempt for.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 23-05-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    As a kid I was blown away by Moonraker. Space shuttles, secret agents, Jaws, tits, ass - what's not to love? In reality, such a silly film. But in that time and place, a classic. A corny treat I still enjoy occasionally. He was a terrible actor, one of the worst. But that was the charm.
    It's charm is its absolute absurdity. Most of Roger Moores films bordered on self parody, and I loved them for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I just think it's overly simplistic to see total equivalence, the kind of whataboutery used by men like George Galloway who slobber and fawn over men like Saddam and Assad, and supporter of military dictatorships in places like Pakistan because he thinks democracy is too sophisticated for such a simple people.

You don't have to support Iran-Contra, Saudi Arms dealing, the overt Israeli influence on western foreign policy and anything in relation to the morally dubious realpolitik of actual war criminals like Henry Kissinger in order not to think all western military intervention is an equal and opposite act of terrorism.

Equally you don't have to support the shameless profiteering of the military industrial complex and oil companies to think that countries like Syria and Iraq and its people are better off without their Baathist dictators.

The biggest crime in Iraq is that people who fled the regime or who were still there begged the Americans to help during the 80s and even after we had extricated Saddam from Kuwait, but it ignored their pleas and left them to be tortured and murdered. So if anything it's the non intervention, the deal making with supposed friendly dictators (as if there's any such thing) that I hold the west in contempt for.
    That's nowhere near the biggest crime, but it's a crime and and an incomprehensible inhumanity nonetheless.

I don't disagree with virtually everything you said there. But that's not my point. I'm not interested in equivalence and I place no stock whatsoever in the absolute cunts who strut about the world stage. I don't care what their name is nor what their politics happens to be, I see right through them. Not because I'm gifted in some way, but because I'm not a fucking moron and I don't find any value in lying to myself.

What I'm saying is, this whole new bout of Islamic extremism is Made in America. Because it is. There's a history there to be traced. Reality to be acknowledged. The Cold War was not "won". It was converted.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's charm is its absolute absurdity. Most of Roger Moores films bordered on self parody, and I loved them for it.
    I might watch it tonight.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISIS (whoever they are) claims responsibility for the Manchester attacks. Whatever that means. Without any access to what's going on behind the scenes, we play in the dark.
    Für eure Sicherheit