User Tag List

Page 225 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 1251752152232242252262272352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post
    There's not really anything to twist though from what I can see, he shows a real reluctance to spend and that comes across in the article. Someone who is happy to go out and spend the necessary doesn't highlight money as much as he chooses to, they just get on with it and say we're looking to bring a few players in....Wenger on the other hand always seems to bring up this, "money isn't the answer" thing he likes to talk about.

This is like his spirit and togetherness sh*t, he actually believes this stuff.
    No my point, you don't need an article to know he BS, all articles like this is used to score points. Not really bothred what he says or take it seriously as some seem to then lash out.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facebook down tonight apparently

arsenal medical team

awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal assistant manager Steve Bould is "upset" over reports of a rift between him and boss Arsene Wenger, ESPN has been told.

In the wake of Tuesday night's humiliating Capital One Cup defeat at League Two side Bradford City, widespread media reports on Thursday morning claimed that there has been a breakdown in the relationship between the former Gunners centre-back and the manager.

However, Bould reported for training on Thursday angered by the claims, and an Arsenal source told ESPN that the two coaches have not fallen out.

"Steve Bould is upset about it as his relationship with Arsene is solid and he has an input into training despite what is being said," the source said. "There is no rift.

"The team is two points off fourth place and the board and the management are united in what they plan to do. It's stay calm and carry on Arsenal."

Bould had previously been Arsenal's defensive coach before taking over as Wenger's No. 2 following the retirement of Pat Rice at the end of last season. The Gunners kept three consecutive clean sheets at the start of the campaign against Sunderland, Stoke and Liverpool, with many directing the praise for that run towards Bould.

However, following a sequence of just four more clean sheets in their ensuing 22 games in all competitions, the spotlight has now returned to Bould for a different reason.

Arsenal currently sit seventh in the Premier League ahead of their weekend trip to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium, the venue of their memorable 7-5 win after extra-time in the Capital One Cup back in October.
    Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...LsMXuca1uVk.99
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ry-coast-squad

The fucks wrong with these Africans?!

Were they not watching our games before calling up the 'Black Messi'?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he'll be gone for a month. be fucking happy.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    Now all we need is to get the queen to declare Wales as part of africa.
    somebody put something in my milk

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20721492

Stan Kroenke is a gangsta boy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20721492

Stan Kroenke is a gangsta boy!
    Then why the hell did she sell her shares to him? Silly bint made her money needs to STFU tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back then he was a real innovator and went on to create a team unlike any other; he brought a freshness and a joy to the game, playing in a style that a lot of other teams are now imitating.
    I've never believed that the day would come when I thought Wenger might walk away from the club but looking at his body language the other night I honestly think that could happen.

He still has a year-and-a-half left on his contract but it's abundantly clear that he isn't enjoying his football at the moment and as things stand I think there is a real danger that he might not see out those 18 months.
    So Arsenal fans - particularly those who are protesting against Wenger now - be careful of what you wish for. Those fans should be asking themselves 'how many managers are there out there who could replace him and do a better job?'
    If pushed I can think of only one and that's Pep Guardiola, who seemingly wants to manage not only in England but at a London-based team. Everybody has jumped to the conclusion that will be Chelsea but I'm not so sure.
    But apart from Guardiola, who do you want Arsenal fans? Do you really want Jose Mourinho with his 'win at all costs' approach? Maybe you do - but do you really want a manager who pokes opposition coaches in the eye when things are going badly? Let me know if you like by using the feedback form at the bottom of this page.
    Blame

In the past people have criticised Wenger for sticking by his principle of playing kids in the League Cup's various guises, so it must have been particularly galling for him to put out a strong team against Bradford, to lose and still end up taking plenty of flak.
    But when you consider the players who were out there on the pitch, I don't think you can level the finger of blame at Wenger this time - not when he selected the likes of Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Gervinho, Lukas Podolski, Wojciech Szczesny, Per Mertesacker and Thomas Vermaelen.
    Wenger has been criticised in some quarters for failing to motivate his players but when it comes to the quarter-final of a cup competition - particularly a match that could see them on the wrong end of a potential giant killing that would be a blot on their CV forever more - the players should be able to motivate themselves.
    I'm not going to be a total apologist for Wenger, though, because one of the things that puzzled me about Tuesday's match - and I'm sure it puzzled Arsenal fans as well - was how Wenger set up the team.
    Podolski is effectively a central striker yet he was playing out wide; Gervinho is a wide player but was playing as a central striker; Aaron Ramsey is a central midfielder, yet took up a wide role.
    Maybe Wenger, after so successfully transforming Thierry Henry from winger to striker, thinks he can do it again? But it rather smacks of square pegs in round holes, I'm afraid, and it causes a fair amount of dissatisfaction.
    Trouble

The question, with the January transfer window approaching, is can things really continue like this at Arsenal? Disgruntled fans will say 'no' but there's still a very good chance that Arsenal will finish in the top four at the end of the season and, if that's the case, I know of 88 other league clubs who would love to be in that position.
    At present Arsenal are a soundly-run club. Some supporters will say they err too much on the side of caution but Arsenal did spend significantly in the summer and it amazes me when I hear people say that Arsenal need to go out and buy players for the present, not the future.
    Have those same people not looked at the ages of Olivier Giroud, of Podolksi and Mertesacker? Wenger did go out and buy established players in the transfer window.
    The trouble is that this time around the younger players haven't really flourished for one reason or another; I'm thinking of Wilshere, in particular, and before that, Kieran Gibbs. The Emmanuel Frimpongs of this world who were supposed to be 'the next generation' are struggling to deliver.
    Frimpong, currently on loan at Charlton, is just one of a phenomenal number of players at Arsenal who haven't quite made the grade there and perhaps never will.
    Structure

I've read reports this week that Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has promised to make 'significant funds' available to Wenger in January so that he can strengthen the squad but the club's recent lack of success means that attracting high-calibre players will be difficult.
    Moreover, Arsenal's commitment to a rigid pay structure is a major stumbling block - one that cost them the services of Robin van Persie and probably Samir Nasri too. Who knows - it may cost them Theo Walcott in the not too distant future as well.
    So how are Arsenal going to attract the superstar names unless they break that structure?
    Every manager out there will tell you that January is the worst time to buy, and in Arsenal's case it's hard to see how they can achieve immediate returns because there aren't many players eligible to play in the last 16 of the Champions League who will sign for a wage that is less than they believe they are worth.
    For my money, Arsenal simply have to give the players who are there right now more time to prove themselves. Giroud has barely had a decent run in the team. Likewise, Podolski has been in and out.
    Yes, they've just got Wilshere back but only because he's playing at 90 per cent and the return of Abou Diaby, who was fantastic when he was fit earlier in the season, still seems some way off.
    Personally, I think Arsenal should be reluctant to go out there and spend for the sake of spending.
    The club is being carefully run and they shouldn't ruin that with a kneejerk, panic spending spree. Instead they should wait until the summer and if things are no better by then, Wenger - if he is ready for the challenge - will have a far greater number of players to choose from.
    Jeff's Gem of the Week

Sorry Arsenal fans, but you know what is coming - yes, it's Bradford. It was quite something for a team of lower league pros who have been around the block a couple times to produce a performance like that. They were outstanding throughout the whole 120 minutes even if for much of the second half it was backs-to-the-wall stuff. They showed terrific resilience and when Arsenal equalised I don't think there was a football fan in the land - not even in Bradford - who did not expect them to capitulate in extra time, but they didn't! The bottle they showed was something else. Alan Connell's penalty, which put them 3-1 up in the penalty shoot-out, was absolutely fantastic. Bradford have always had fantastic support and rightly so because they were one of the very first clubs to introduce an innovative scheme where you could buy a season ticket for a ridiculously low price. They did it just to fill the ground and they did so successfully that a lot of clubs have followed their example. There are obviously good people running the club. I'm so pleased for the manager Phil Parkinson because he hasn't had the easiest of times since his success at Colchester. Meanwhile Bradford have spent years in the doldrums and it's so good to see them on their way back. They've got a good ground, a fantastic fan-base and a good manager. Hopefully, from their point of view, they can go further in the cup and secure promotion as well.
    http://www.skysports.com/opinion/sto...330207,00.html