User Tag List

Page 2274 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 12741774217422242264227222732274227522762284232423742774 ... LastLast
Results 22,731 to 22,740 of 32081

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If it was an easily treatable condition I'd think they were being bloody idiots.
    In a situation like Charlie Gard where there is no medical option then I'd admire their faith and hope they were right but I wouldn't think they'd be dragging this through the courts until God did His miracle.
    If He's going to do one then He doesn't need to wait for a certain court ruling to do it.
    If you believe in miracles, you can't really dictate how things should be done. But that's another topic.

But overall point being we shouldn't judge the parents so harshly or be so cynical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Where do you draw the line with that kind of thinking?

Do you think it's wrong of the state to interfere to prevent a child being mistreated by the parents. From denying them treatment on religious grounds to actually beating or sexually assaulting the child (statistically most child sexual offences go on within the family unit)

And there's something else you're forgetting. That in order to even attempt to transport this child across the Atlantic would have required the assistance of GOSH to begin with so in effect become complicit in the very thing they feel is damaging the child.
    There's no need to draw any lines, they are already drawn. The common law, which is both legal and lawful, provides for harm committed through acts of violence or malevolent abuse. Why you compare such easily definable crimes against a child to this particular circumstance I don't know.

As for the saints at GOSH, perhaps they can teleport his bed across the ocean? But I see your point. Yes indeed, they could hide behind a technicality to have their way. Although I wonder if a third party entering the hospital and freeing this kidnap victim would constitute cooperation on the part of the hospital.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have another go, NQ, there's a good chap.
    What about the above do you disagree with? Very simple question, why do you always run away from those?
    Have another go at what? Discussing issues based in logic with somebody who believes in miracles? Why would I do that? What could either of us gain from it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that would carry much weight with a court and it probably shouldn't do.
    Why not?

Are your prayers and miracles real or imaginary? Seriously. Are your beliefs founded in reality or imagination?

And if you insist your beliefs are founded in reality, even if it is part of reality that is presently beyond our understanding, please tell me why the courts should have any say at all in the matter? And why would you ever defer to their authority on such things? It seems to me you want to pick and choose from two conflicting belief systems. And didn't you read a book on cognitive dissonance?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Have another go at what? Discussing issues based in logic with somebody who believes in miracles? Why would I do that? What could either of us gain from it?
    This is a strange reply given that you already did reply to my point, and I have replied back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a strange reply given that you already did reply to my point, and I have replied back.
    No, I replied to a different point that's no longer really on the same topic. It's fascinating what you claim to believe.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    But overall point being we shouldn't judge the parents so harshly or be so cynical.
    They are the ones who have put this in the public domain, that gives people a right to an opinion. I've made mine pretty clear. If you disagree then that's fine.
    I feel sorry for what has happened to them but I personally don't believe they have acted in the best interests of their child, although I'm sure they thought they were.
    Most of all I feel sorry for the kid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fascinating what you claim to believe.
    There goes another irony-meter!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I feel I should should respond to the assertion a couple of pages back that GOSH are in favour of "terminating the life of the child". Terminate implies they want to take active steps to euthenise.
    Were there not all kinds of machines keeping him alive Charlie would have been dead months ago.
    What GOSH are advocating is that since he has no quality of life and no prospect of one (and hasn't had for some time) they should withdraw the artificial means by which they are keeping him alive. Anyone who thinks this is "playing God"...well, doctors are "playing God" every time they whip out someone's grumbling appendix before it kills them. Medical science has come a long way but it can only do so much.
    IMO GOSH have consistently done what they believe is best for the child, I don't believe you can say for his parents. Well, I'm sure they "believed" they were doing what was best but they were sadly misguided IMO.

Some people are acting like GOSH staff are just itching to flip the switch. Really is pathetic and an insult to the mostly dedicated staff who work there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not?

Are your prayers and miracles real or imaginary? Seriously. Are your beliefs founded in reality or imagination?

And if you insist your beliefs are founded in reality, even if it is part of reality that is presently beyond our understanding, please tell me why the courts should have any say at all in the matter? And why would you ever defer to their authority on such things? It seems to me you want to pick and choose from two conflicting belief systems. And didn't you read a book on cognitive dissonance?
    A similar problem I had last week with the theory of evolution being mixed in with the Bible.