User Tag List

Page 235 of 1391 FirstFirst ... 1351852252332342352362372452853357351235 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 13901

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catalonia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier's xmas twist View Post
    Its a hard one, because most big clubs win stuff. So its not something we'd ever know tbh. And with managers Changing clubs every few years you'd never find out.
    The reason they change managers is because the manager isn't delivering generally, so that kinda answers the question. Yes you're right most big clubs do win stuff because that's the aim for big clubs, other than us that is.

Don't hear the pundits talking about that when they refer to how healthy and well run our club is, I always thought success was measured on the pitch in football, not off it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Catalonia
    I don't see the point in being manager of them when all they can play is friendlies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Chrizimas View Post
    The reason they change managers is because the manager isn't delivering generally, so that kinda answers the question. Yes you're right most big clubs do win stuff because that's the aim for big clubs, other than us that is.

Don't hear the pundits talking about that when they refer to how healthy and well run our club is, I always thought success was measured on the pitch in football, not off it.
    Lets be honest though Wenger is there for Sentimental reasons and for what he has done. Not sure the new manager will be given such time, but with this board you never know.

And to Answer your main question, no not 1 manager would last and this is why if Wumger went to a Madrid you'd see him spending like never before, He'd have to win that season, not down the line. End of the day its what your employers accept.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...football-club-

Never thought id see the day our songs would actually sound decent but now i have. This is how the fans should sing it during match days rather than the crap way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger on changing the offside rule:

“Where you would maybe make an amendment is where you are not offside [if you are in] line [with] a defender. If one part of your body which you can score with is in front, then you are offside. If your head is a little bit in front, you are offside. I would change that.”
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...oved-radically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that some trinket given to you by an anachronism is worth much more than a Smash Hits award, but good to see Patrice being recognised for his excellent career:

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Pat Rice has been awarded an MBE in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

Rice, who left his role as assistant manager at the end of last season after a 44-year association with Arsenal, is to receive an MBE in the New Year as a result of his services to sport.

Rice has a rich history with Arsenal Football Club, having first joined as a youth team player back in 1964. A Northern Ireland international right back, he was a Double winner in 1971 and captained the side to FA Cup glory in 1979. In total, he made 528 appearances for Arsenal across 14 seasons.

After a spell with Watford between 1980 and 1984, Rice returned to Arsenal as a youth team coach, winning two FA Youth Cups in 1988 and 1994. He took up a senior coaching role as assistant manager when Arsčne Wenger joined in 1996. In this role, he helped guide the Club to seven major honours, including Doubles in 1998 and 2002, three Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

Rice said: “I’m delighted and honoured to be receiving an MBE. The news of the award came as a complete surprise and I’m just so flattered to be included in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

“Football and Arsenal have been my life and I have so many fantastic memories during my career. I have been lucky to have played and worked with so many great individuals, and through hard work I have enjoyed some success along the way.

“It has been a privilege to have represented Arsenal Football Club for more than forty years, a great club with great values. I am also proud to have represented my country on many occasions, and also a special mention to Watford Football Club, who I enjoyed a short spell with as well.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me throughout my career, and importantly, a special thank you to all my family, who have always been there for me and supported me throughout my career.”
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...n-honours-list

Patrice .

Bould .

Wenget with some +1s:

On learning of the news of Rice’s MBE, Wenger said: “I am absolutely delighted because if someone deserves it, it's Pat Rice.

"He had 100 per cent genuine commitment to Arsenal every single day and you respect that when you see that from someone. Pat Rice is someone you could go to war with, and you would love to be in the trenches with him. These are very difficult qualities to find in modern society and I am delighted that Pat is being rewarded.

"Pat is an Arsenal legend and a great human being. We’re all so proud and happy for Pat and his family.”
    Can you be participating in modern warfare and be in the trenches? It is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on target for 5th with 66 points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick fuk!
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned