User Tag List

Page 242 of 322 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs apprently in at the last minute outbidding us for Saliba.

By all means have him. We can spend the money on someone we can use this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mustafi is nailed on to remain. You'd have to carry him out in a coffin at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just enjoy the summer dudes.

Cricket
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Spurs apprently in at the last minute outbidding us for Saliba.

By all means have him. We can spend the money on someone we can use this season.
    I’m actually gonna be quite upset if we let this one slip - even at 18, this kid looks like he could be the best CB that we’ve been linked with for some time (which is kind of sad when you think about it).

I’m not even overly fussed about the immediate loan-back, as I can see this next season being a bit of a shambles, no matter who we bring in. For now, I’d be happy enough just to see some building blocks being put in place, and some semblance of a plan taking shape that I can take some interest in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Barca actually owe Atleti 200m euros for Grease Man and they’ve threatened legal action if they don’t receive it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of paper talk that we had an eye on Ziyech but prefer Zaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery apparently doesn't see Mavropanos as a credible option for next season.

So with us showing not interest in CBs for next season that would have left Sokratis (who was Okish last season), Holding and Koscielny (past it) and Mustafi. With Koscielny on his way that leaves 3, but even if he wasn't you have to question Emery's judgment again.

We're also apparently not interested in Ziyech as Emery doesn't rate him, he seems to want the overrated, overprice Zaha, Ziyech would only cost 25-30 million and scores and assists.

Emery is starting to look like the new Wenger.
    Last edited by Özim; 13-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Emery apparently doesn't see Mavropanos as a credible option for next season.

So with us showing not interest in CBs for next season that would have left Sokratis (who was Okish last season), Holding and Koscielny (past it) and Mustafi. With Koscielny on his way that leaves 3, but even if he wasn't you have to question Emery's judgment again, he's starting to look like another Wenger!
    Don't think you can blame Emery entirely for this one. Kos wants out and is forcing the move. Mustafi doesn't want to leave and is under contract so sounds like he'll be staying. If there are question marks over Mavropanos then we need to be buying at least 1 CB, and that's on Raul not Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Don't think you can blame Emery entirely for this one. Kos wants out and is forcing the move. Mustafi doesn't want to leave and is under contract so sounds like he'll be staying. If there are question marks over Mavropanos then we need to be buying at least 1 CB, and that's on Raul not Emery.
    Kos isn't good enough anyway, he was injury/error prone we should have been looking to buy 2. Mustafi must have 1 year left now, I'd just tell him he can leave or be frozen out.

Mavropanos hasn't even had much of a chance, unlike Mustafi.

I just think Emerys' decision making has to be called into question, especially after last seasons' disaster, he needed a good summer, so far it couldn't have been worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m yet to be convinced by Emery, but I do think he’s entitled to his professional opinion of players as a head coach. Regardless of whether I agree with his assessment/s or not, the problem here isn’t that the coach doesn’t rate certain players - it’s that we’re completely unable to do anything about it, meaning he’s still forced to rely on players he doesn’t want. As much as I’m not really convinced that there’s anything particularly special about Emery as a coach, I’m never sure how much I can criticise him either when it doesn’t look like he’s getting the chance to build out (and be judged on) his own side...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 13-07-2019 at 02:51 PM.