User Tag List

Page 2430 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 14301930233023802420242824292430243124322440248025302930 ... LastLast
Results 24,291 to 24,300 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    That tends to be my view. It also represents the difference between what is and what should

I personally would like it thought of that if you call any kid a monkey regardless of their skin colour should be seen in the spirit of their exuberant behaviour.

That’s what should

What is, is that it won’t always be meant or taken in that spirit
    I think the difference between a beaming parent and a vile racist redneck swearing through the window of his pickup truck is probably blatant enough for even a liberal to twig. But it's the words themselves that are offensive with these bastards, they don't care about the intent. Control of language is their game because if you can control that you can control behaviour and even thought, eventually. They are the antithesis of liberty, liberal and anything that endorses live and let live and there will be a backlash soon enough, and it'll be one of those rare occasions where it is entirely justified.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly though, never heard of H&M so in this fucked up world this has been a big win for them, accidental or otherwise. Today, all publicity is good publicity. There are so many fools out there waiting to plough onto the Internet with their fucked up opinions as if their mewing means shit...

Oh wait. I might be doing the same thing right now.

But it's different here because nobody knows GW exists. So we get a free pass.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A hard pressed team ploughing through 3000 items to go up on a web site, operating in pure bulk processing mode? Kid, clothes. click - kid, clothes, click... Most likely.
    That is quite likely, but there must have been a whole process for that image to be selected for publishing in the first place.
    You would think they did the photoshoot for that line on the same day.
    The photos would have had to be reviewed by some marketing team.
    You would have thought at some point someone would have said "Hang on...we've got the black kid in the monkey shirt. Isn't that going to look a bit...you know"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That is quite likely, but there must have been a whole process for that image to be selected for publishing in the first place.
    You would think they did the photoshoot for that line on the same day.
    The photos would have had to be reviewed by some marketing team.
    You would have thought at some point someone would have said "Hang on...we've got the black kid in the monkey shirt. Isn't that going to look a bit...you know"
    Kidding me?

It went more like, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, this thing is 6 months and half a million quid over budget and we lied about that and we're still not ready for that big fucking ad placement that relies on the new stock and if we don't get that out we're fucked! Put any old shit out there and do it fast."

Like any normal marketing department.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think the difference between a beaming parent and a vile racist redneck swearing through the window of his pickup truck is probably blatant enough for even a liberal to twig. But it's the words themselves that are offensive with these bastards, they don't care about the intent. Control of language is their game because if you can control that you can control behaviour and even thought, eventually. They are the antithesis of liberty, liberal and anything that endorses live and let live and there will be a backlash soon enough, and it'll be one of those rare occasions where it is entirely justified.
    But yet you continue to use the label as a pejorative even though you fully admit it’s a total misnomer when it comes to the regressive left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current climate? Idiots on social media. Who express a moronic opinion and can offer nothing by way of substantiation

The current climate is far more geared to people being ready to take offence at the drop of a hat and in such a climate it was moronic and it makes a mockery of the kind of money ad executives get.

H and M are a global brand, it’s hardly a sensible business model to intentionally wade into racial polemics
    Proving my point. If you're unaware of what's been going outside of social media and what it's all connected to, there is no point in me talking to you.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Proving my point. If you're unaware of what's been going outside of social media and what it's all connected to, there is no point in me talking to you.
    No we just don’t agree on “what’s been going on”

As I said above a lot of it is about artificially confected outrage.

Trump if that’s what your alluding to, is less about dislike of blacks but a sense of disfranchisement and disaffection felt by whites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But yet you continue to use the label as a pejorative even though you fully admit it’s a total misnomer when it comes to the regressive left
    They stole it from you and it's on you to take it back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    They stole it from you and it's on you to take it back.
    Not at all

If they want to mislabel themselves, they just look stupid

In most regards I’m as socially liberal as these people, I just don’t demand that other people agree with me.

And certainly don’t seek to close down debate on issues.

Your attitude has far as I can tell is people can within reason do whatever the fuck they like, just don’t expect me to be happy for you or give a shit. Which for me is a reasonable view point.

The authoritarian attitude is to transpose your world view onto others
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 09-01-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First they turned the friggin' frogs gay, now this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science...turtles-female