User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 257 of 267 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2669

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I don't think Trump seems as demented as Biden, but he's still at an age where he's clearly not going to be as sharp as he was.
    My issue with Trump is he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him round the chops and I basically think he's wrong about everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Overall I don't think Trump seems as demented as Biden, but he's still at an age where he's clearly not going to be as sharp as he was.
    My issue with Trump is he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him round the chops and I basically think he's wrong about everything.
    That’s partly caused by dementia though, he looks extremely unwell too. Both are complete space cadets.

Trump is in a state of confusion where in many instances he doesn’t know what the truth is. It doesn’t help that he’s a massive liar, but he’s a pathological liar….as you’ve noted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biden is a bit like Inspector Gadget, doesn’t seem to realise where he is or what he’s doing most of the time, but always is on the case….and being propped up most likely by a precocious ten year old girl (who in his case hes been massively over familiar with) and a talking dog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Biden is a bit like Inspector Gadget, doesn’t seem to realise where he is or what he’s doing most of the time, but always is on the case….and being propped up most likely by a precocious ten year old girl (who in his case hes been massively over familiar with) and a talking dog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    That’s partly caused by dementia though, he looks extremely unwell too. Both are complete space cadets.

Trump is in a state of confusion where in many instances he doesn’t know what the truth is. It doesn’t help that he’s a massive liar, but he’s a pathological liar….as you’ve noted.
    I get the sense with Trump that he's never really known or cared what the truth is. He just thinks what he says is true because he says it. He's a narcissist.
    But he's late 70s now so while he seems a bit more with it than Biden, he's certainly not at the peak of his powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's literally too senile to be prosecuted but is fine to run the country and run for re-election. Just lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump won the SC primary in a landslide. An open primary in Nimrata's home state where Dems were voting and still brutally beaten. Sad!

Yet she still hasn't dropped out, you just know they're going to steal the nomination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So…when Trump wins it’s perfectly legitimate, when he doesn’t it’s stolen. Gotcha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear now Trump is the nominee the people want, he's won enough primaries by a landslide. Nimrata is a loser, when they fabricate something to hand her the nomination it's obviously stolen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh in fairness I see what you’re driving at. Not that the Republican establishment will stop Trump from being nominated but that the court cases will. Well yes, that’s exactly why Nikki Hailey is staying in the race.

However I’m inclined to think that none of these court cases will happen in a timely enough fashion to do that, or that he would withdraw even if he’s found guilty. Even if he’s facing a custodial sentence, the whole process would be tied up in the appellate courts for ages and Trump being a rich and famous individual won’t be in prison whilst this process is happening.

Now I think Trump like Richard Nixon before him has a case to answer. If Trump like Nixon had resigned from office and been replaced by a Republican president he would either have been pardoned or the justice department wouldn’t have made the effort to go after him.

So for me, it’s not that Trump has done nothing wrong…although I’d argue Nixon’s crimes especially in relation to sabotaging the 1968 Paris Peace conference to get elected as well as prolonging the Vietnam war to get essentially the same peace agreement five years later were actually far more heinous in terms of cost of human life (especially with extending the war into Cambodia) are more heinous than Trump.

The timing of the indictments were a way of attempting to stymy and cause obstacles in Trump returning to power. And I think as much as I don’t want Trump back in office (don’t want Biden either) it looks incredibly obvious that they wouldn’t have gone to the effort if he hadn’t run for office again. And the fact that Trump is favourite to win is a considerably poor reflection on the Biden administration’s exacerbating inflation and not dealing with the southern border issue.