User Tag List

Page 26 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tottenham are prepared to sell Luka Modric this summer but will tell Gareth Bale he is going nowhere, despite the club’s failure to qualify for the Champions League.Spurs were denied a place in Europe's premier club competition by Chelsea’s victory over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on Saturday and now face a battle to keep their best players.

Goal.com revealed last month that Spurs accept they will have to sell one of their star names to balance the books, with the blow of missing out on Europe’s elite competition likely to cost the club around £35 million in potential revenue.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy resisted a £40m bid for Modric last summer from Chelsea but will now listen to offers for the Croatian playmaker, who said last week that he would make a decision on his future after Euro 2012.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...battle-to-keep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs were denied a place in Europe's premier club competition by Chelsea’s victory over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on Saturday
    No - spurs were denied a place in Europe because they failed to get high enough in the PL due to a huge meltdown. The idea that they were denied by chavs is as ludicrous as saying they were denied the PL by Citeh, manu and the Arsenal. If you don't get the results to get high enough you will lose out. End of story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goal.com are full of shit and it's just a guess - but I think it's a #decent guess. From twitchy's interviews, he was very dismissive about the idea of selling Bale. He doesn't seem to have the same willingness to keep Modric.

But they'll need to get rid of a couple of big names. Their expenditure was based on the assumption that they'd get into the CL. I'm sure of that. 2 of VDV, Adebayor, Modric and Bale will almost certainly go. Other high earners like Gallas might also leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    No - spurs were denied a place in Europe because they failed to get high enough in the PL due to a huge meltdown. The idea that they were denied by chavs is as ludicrous as saying they were denied the PL by Citeh, manu and the Arsenal. If you don't get the results to get high enough you will lose out. End of story.
    Exactly. they were 13 points clear safe in 3rd, "going for the title". If they missed out they only have themselves to blame.

They knew the Cl rules and possibly one of our teams could win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf to them, annoyingly, they don't seem to have made as big a fuss as I thought they would. I thought they'd do a Liverpool and mourn their way back into a CL qualifier. Obviously the case would've been chucked out because the rules were clearly laid out beforehand. It's not like they were invented halfway into the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let out a chuckle in between my meeting looking at this.. it was a hard time explaining ppl in the office what 'football' is and what champions league qualification is..

They all want to know why there are no play offs!

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I let out a chuckle in between my meeting looking at this.. it was a hard time explaining ppl in the office what 'football' is and what champions league qualification is..

They all want to know why there are no play offs!

Tell them there are.

Over 38 games