User Tag List

Page 2687 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 16872187258726372677268526862687268826892697273727873187 ... LastLast
Results 26,861 to 26,870 of 32086

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girlfriend has come down with fever and cough, so now we're both stuck in her studio flat for the next 2 weeks

Related question: what's it like living in a place that has delivery slots available this month?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrsL got back from Sainsbury's. She went to the Co-op too.
    Both have very little stock in. It's crazy. I guess in theory this should calm down.
    I mean, if people have already panic bought then they shouldn't need any more stuff for a while so it should leave more stuff for non-idiots?

Sister-in-law to be has apparently a fever so they're going to be staying in for a bit. I haven't been out of the house since Sunday. I'm actually looking forward to going out to a funeral tomorrow . If that still happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS

Bloke went past, out for a jog. Full facemask on. Prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually co op have a slot for tomorrow so that's a relief. No loo roll though, and only gluten free bread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My niece-in-law, if that's a thing, is celiac. The good thing is, she doesn't go on about it.

j/k, it's all she ever fucking talks about. She once said, without irony, that she thought it was the worst disease you could get.
    I pointed out that I'd heard cancer was pretty nasty.
    Stupid bitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, people banging on about medical problems is the bloody worst.

After my ankle sprain a girl at uni leant me her crutches which she has because of her chronic disease which means she has weak ligaments and sprains her joints a lot.

Really nice, generous, helpful thing to do.

But my God do I know a lot of shit about her illness I didn't need to.

I also know all about her troubles finding a house in Cardiff for her placement next year.

And about how the crutches she leant me are so much better than the ones you get on the NHS.

And I had to put up with all of it as payment for the massive favour she'd done me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update from MrsL: Greggs don't have bread either.
    Greggs. Greggs the baker.

Holy shit

Oh, and our ASDA order has all kinds of stuff missing apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoyingly there's a shop just outside the block of flats that's the kind of local shop that isn't getting raided at the moment, so we may have had some luck getting loo roll there.

Ah well, we'll just use the shower head when the inevitable happens, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    They need to get a hold of this.

Allocate days when certain age groups can access the shop in an orderly fashion, or something.

I know it’s erosion of freedom, but when people can’t look after each other, somebody needs to control them.

That's all in the pipeline. Unfortunately. But people were never ever going to behave. That's why I loathe having to live with (most) people, they create so many problems that then have to be solved by other fucking people. These dicks, if they we're putting out a fire with a bucket chain they'd dump the bucket over your head instead. I don't know why they are like that. A life of being stupid and blindly following orders because it's easier than thinking for themselves and being as independent as possible, I suppose. And because they are like that, they force everyone to be like that. Which is clearly being seen in a supermarket near you today.

At Tesco, go as late as possible (my 24 hour store is no longer 24 hours) and shop from the restock trolleys rather than the shelves. If they are still putting those out. It works, the items still go through the till.

Talking of stupid. Like a stupid, naive, knackerbrain moron, for some reason I think our government here in the UK (and ONLY our government here in the UK) is trying to avoid being an absolute fascist dick about this. Famous last words. I fucking hate the government. But I really think they're trying hard not to go full authoritarian, I think they're trying to leave it as much to the people as possible. Fun while it lasted.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Tried an online shop with a couple of places but a lot of what I needed was out of stock and the earliest delivery slots were in 2 weeks time.
    Take it anyway. It'll be worse in 2 weeks. So you'll need it then. If they carry on delivering at all.
    Für eure Sicherheit