User Tag List

Page 2697 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 16972197259726472687269526962697269826992707274727973197 ... LastLast
Results 26,961 to 26,970 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No football.

No beer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two ENT consultants are in critical care after being infected while treating patients. It's going to be "the few" again, isn't it? A few people who can, will make whatever sacrifice is required to ensure the rest of us are okay. Damn, what can the rest of us do to help? I suppose just stay inside and don't make the problem worse. Even going to see if your elderly neighbour is okay could be viewed as threatening their lives. Feels pretty useless.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our mortality rate is now the highest, at this comparable stage. Outstripping both China and Italy. Can that be right?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McLaren F1, and a whole bunch of other companies, are switching production to ventilators. Some expect to start producing up to 1,000 units a day within the next week, to meet the required target of 30,000 units. And human beings are innately bad? Not this time. It's inspiring stuff. Many, many lives will be saved because of this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a possible way to be not quite so useless. The Red Cross has an emergency volunteer operation on standby. Sign up here:
    https://reserves.redcross.org.uk/
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky News wants people to be SHAMED by other shoppers if they put the wrong amount of things in their shopping trolley! Nice. That's a clever way to create more grief in the supermarkets and that, in turn, will generate great clickbait opportunities. No details yet on what the shaming quantity levels are, but maybe we don't even need that to get the action rolling.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get the links for the first two videos (search for yourself because they are useful), even though I did watch them, but if this guy can keep it up (which I seriously doubt) it might become one of the best sources of information available. I hope he can keep this going, but I fear not. I expect he'll be overwhelmed shortly. Whatever, good luck dude. Mean it.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Are they counting that right? This means the mortality rate is much higher than we've been told. At least in Italy anyway.
    The mortality rate is really hard to determine.
    It seems to vary wildly between countries which makes no sense.
    But of course all we really know is how many people tested positive vs how many died.
    And for many people they probably have it quite mildly so they are never tested.
    Another factors which will vary between countries is how good the health infrastructure and government advice about social isolation and how quickly and strictly that is enforced.
    I hear in Spain you literally can’t go out unless it’s to the shops. You get fined if you are caught.
    Poland shut their schools before there were many cases in the country.
    When the dust has settled there will be a lot of lessons to be learned about what tactics were most effective.
    And it’s really important that those lessons are learned because I don’t think this is a one off.
    Might not happen every year, maybe not even that often. But it will happen again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TLDR; Coney is fucked.

It sounds like most epidemiologists (I spelled that right the first time, WTF?) agree this will be with us for good now, like the common cold. But immunity will slowly develop and the virus itself will become fewer lethal. So the number of people expected to die from this will die. But the plan is to ensure they all don't die at the same time. And like the common cold, we'll be able to catch it over and over again. Eventually it will be fewer of a problem than the flu, but it'll be there, right alongside the flu, during roughly the same seasonal periods. A lot of this is likely guesswork at this stage, but it sounds realistic.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnson press conference due soon apparently.

Doubt there will be any other measures at this time.