Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Agreed.

A true Arsenal great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't think it's that at all. I believe he's always looked on the fans as a necessary evil at best. He's never shown much respect.
    Have you listened to football fans?
    On average, they don't deserve that much respect tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Our fans? Really? Apart from a few twats at a station in Stoke (IIRC) he's had the easiest ride imaginable. A good 5 or 10 years past his sell-by date the majority of fans were still wondering should he stay or go. Most managers would beg for such a docile bunch of fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I dunno, they're the customer, they're the ones that essentially pay the salaries and the costs, on that basis they do deserve respect.

Wenger gives the fans no respect, you won't find many other managers that have blamed fans for the clubs failings, never mind repeatedly blaming them, it shows a certain level of self importance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Our fans? Really? Apart from a few twats at a station in Stoke (IIRC) he's had the easiest ride imaginable. A good 5 or 10 years past his sell-by date the majority of fans were still wondering should he stay or go. Most managers would beg for such a docile bunch of fans.
    Yup spot on, as I said before he's had it very easy, I can't think of any other club where the fans would have given him so much support for so long, the guy took it for granted to be honest and clearly never appreciated it and thought he just deserved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    At least we have a strategy that we know works now if they start taking the piss in the future. Just don't turn up
    Can we get rid of Kranky by doing the same thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Can we get rid of Kranky by doing the same thing?
    I think we could yeah he won't want to be part of a company where the bottom line deteriorates because of his presence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad comments from Wenger clearly even now he is unable to grasp that he lost the plot some years ago. He was of course serially betrayed by a number of the squad. Van Persie, Anelka, Nasri, Cole ,Fabregas to name but a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 words....thank feck for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Personality?

The media are whipping this up a little, but Wenger doesn’t help himself. Before he goes, he has to clear this up. Him saying his personality was in the way suggest fans had a personal issue with him and not the performances. It’s quite simple. The results weren’t good enough. If he had said the club as a whole weren’t happy with the results and felt it was time for a change, that would have side stepped all the bullshit. He knows how to duck these sort of questions and this really doesn’t help change the image of the fans or help bring unity. It strengthens the division and he knows that what he says will create headlines which is why he should have been more careful with what he says. If people can argue that Wenger has been shielding the Board (Ollie Holt) from criticism and taking all the bullets, why can’t he do the same with the fans at this moment?
    I think everything can be read in different ways. I see it as he blaming himself, that his personal defects causes error in judgement professionally. It doesn't mean he said fans have a personal issue with him. But looking at the comments here, some of us clearly do.