User Tag List

Page 27 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will save a lot of money WFH but being at home and it not being free time is a bit shit really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s certainly an opportunity to save money, not commuting and not going out.
    Also a good opportunity to go completely mental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Oh my jesus.

The hangover
    Don't go straight to the medical grade stuff. Build up to it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over 1000 deaths in the UK now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Not a fan at all.

I find WFH quite demotivating and I’m a bit of a sucker for routine, so to have that all thrown out of sync isn’t great.
    i guess that's the difference, i dont't really like routine, especially if that routine is travelling to work in the mornings, however i stay motivated because a) i'm into my work and b) i know if i don't get out of bed and get working i can't pay the bills...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Over 1000 deaths in the UK now.
    1,600 people die every day under normal circumstances. And, according to the latest estimates, some 600 of those 1000 would have died this year anyway from non-Coronavirus related causes or just old age. It's not to downplay the seriousness of the situation, but the NHS has said the number of people requiring treatment is the key concern. The media prefers screaming out death tolls though and ranking the dead by nation. Horrific, sub-human slime that has oozed and bubbled up from the depths of hell. I can't conceive a punishment that would be sufficient for their behaviour when this is finished. But I hope people remember.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i guess that's the difference, i dont't really like routine, especially if that routine is travelling to work in the mornings, however i stay motivated because a) i'm into my work and b) i know if i don't get out of bed and get working i can't pay the bills...
    I could never work in an office again. Or for an employer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts, with a bit of hindsight available, is there are two things going on here. A global pandemic AND a controlled, coordinated, deliberate global economic deflation hastily arranged to take advantage of the situation. The economic crash was coming, not because the underlying economy (workers) couldn't sustain it, but because the sheer burden of the eternally greedy bastards piled on top could only be carried for so long. So the bankers, in conjunction with globalist organs such as WHO and the World Bank, have seen this as the best opportunity to shut it down, hoover up the world's wealth and then they'll open it up again under the cover of the virus as the cause of a new global depression. That's my guess as things stand. A few will be rich beyond imagination, the rest of the world will have to adjust to a much lower standard of living. And the new powers put in place to tackle the pandemic will be extended to deal with civil unrest once the magnitude of the economic situation is realised.

Meanwhile, video and images are coming out of China depicting bodies wrapped and dumped in the streets, floating in rivers, collapsed on pavements and benches. But the media still insists China has this beaten. Why is it so important to prop up Chinese lies about the Chinese Virus?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    1,600 people die every day under normal circumstances. And, according to the latest estimates, some 600 of those 1000 would have died this year anyway from non-Coronavirus related causes or just old age. It's not to downplay the seriousness of the situation, but the NHS has said the number of people requiring treatment is the key concern. The media prefers screaming out death tolls though and ranking the dead by nation. Horrific, sub-human slime that has oozed and bubbled up from the depths of hell. I can't conceive a punishment that would be sufficient for their behaviour when this is finished. But I hope people remember.
    I don't really know why you keep doing this line of it. It doesn't really make any sense.

1000 people have died since January 30 all relating to the virus and growing exponentially. There's no other context needed.

The figures are coming from the Department of Health, not the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I don't really know why you keep doing this line of it. It doesn't really make any sense.

1000 people have died since January 30 all relating to the virus and growing exponentially.. There's no other context needed.

The figures are coming from the Department of Health, not the media.
    There are so many levels of context required it's hard to wrap your head around them all. If it transpires the number of "excess deaths" is in line with those expected from annual influenza then that's still a big problem but it's a far smaller one than anticipated, in this country at least. And what's happening to patients with non-related conditions? Has the excess mortality rate for those diseases increased or is it being handled? We could end up with more deaths from non-related diseases and the wider effects of the damage being done to the economy.

So sure, the media wankfest on the death toll is expected, that's what those slime do best. But what about the information that's far more important, such as the current status of the NHS's ability to deal with the influx of patients? Can anyone pick those figures off the top of their heads like they can with the daily updated death toll? This peak, where are we along the line and how does that cross reference with the increased facilities and supplies being brought to bear? Far more useful in determining what's actually happening rather than sitting in the dark listening to 100, 200, 500, 1000 dead. Especially if the latter includes cases that would have occurred anyway without anyone bar the immediate friends and families noticing.

And these are just a few considerations from a growing list. A stream of questions, no answers other than a league table of death. Which might be acceptable for anyone who is happy to do as they are told, when they are told and for as long as they are told. But for those who want to know what's going on so they can make informed decisions it's not at all useful.
    Für eure Sicherheit