User Tag List

Page 2706 of 3209 FirstFirst ... 17062206260626562696270427052706270727082716275628063206 ... LastLast
Results 27,051 to 27,060 of 32085

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    you can still 'know where you are' with a credit card.

i have one, for the protections you refer to, and it takes the total of what i've paid with it out of my bank account by DD once per month - i have never paid a penny of interest

as long as you keep track of what's in your current account there's no difference, and you'd have to do that whichever type of card you;re using
    Right. But if I have, say £500 in my bank account and I've spent £200 on my card then my current account is going to say £500 but in reality I only have £300. I have to check how much I've spent on the card to get the true picture, no?
    Not the hardest thing to do of course, but I've got used to looking at the amount in there and knowing that's really what I've got to spend, especially after the first few days of the month when all the big stuff goes out.
    Gotta say, we're going to save good money while this goes on and I'm not commuting and we're not going out.
    So long as I keep getting paid, if not then...not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Firstly, I don't know where you get "headlong speed" from. This has dragged on for years.
    i'm talking about continuing with crucial negotiations in the middle of a worldwide crisis while the PM is at least semi-capable - no responsible government which genuinely wanted to come out with a solution to best help our economy would be doing that at the moment.

Globalists that hadn't realised, or realised too late, the extent to which citizens from around the world had woken up to the harsh realities of the global marketplace.
    in the case of our leave-voting citizens, they hadn't woken up to anything, in fact they were and are living in the narrow-minded little hate-filled racist world projected onto them by a few right-wing newspaper owners and deceitful politicians.

the only element of a wider force is actually Russia's fake-news involvement plus Trumps' encouragement to leave which when you think about it, in both cases is based on two megalomaniac national leaders trying to undo an important economic and social peace project, for the sake of creating world disruption for their own ends

there's a little bit of accuracy somewhere in terms of some of the EU leaders pushing ever-closer integration but of course that's been greatly distorted and exagerrated, however things like TTIP did admittedly confuse the simple-minded like Corbyn into having doubts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. But if I have, say £500 in my bank account and I've spent £200 on my card then my current account is going to say £500 but in reality I only have £300. I have to check how much I've spent on the card to get the true picture, no?
    Not the hardest thing to do of course, but I've got used to looking at the amount in there and knowing that's really what I've got to spend, especially after the first few days of the month when all the big stuff goes out.
    well i'm not the best with those things but i've managed it all these years so if i can do it so can you

the alternative is at best the situation like the one you're in now and at worst being victim to significant fraud if you're unlucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I guess I can. But I like the fact that with a Debit card you check your account and you know where you are. You don't have to remember that you don't have as much money as you think you do because you've spent 'x' on the Credit Card.
    But I am thinking I should get one because a few things like this have happened recently and it would afford more protection.

That said, if this goes on much longer we'll probably be back to a barter system anyway so it'll all be a bit moot.
    True but then again these days with all the apps on my phone, it takes 30 seconds to check my bank account & credit card amount to know where i am.

I use my credit card as a debit card effectively and just pay it off in full every month so that i can collect air miles (although they are probably worth fuck all now!)

Although saying that, i work out my monthly budget after all bills etc and just put that in an app. I then just put in everything i spend whether on a credit or debit card and use that to tell me how much i have left for the month. Quite easy that way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i'm not the best with those things but i've managed it all these years so if i can do it so can you

the alternative is at best the situation like the one you're in now and at worst being victim to significant fraud if you're unlucky
    Hmm. Yes. I'm thinking I probably do need to do something about this. I think for most day to day things I'd still use a Debit Card but for certain things I probably should be using a Credit Card. Let this be a lesson to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t used my debit card in years, I only carry it incase I need cash. I use my 2 credit cards and pay them off every month. Very easy to manage with the apps and I’m always checking every account I have so I know where I am. Especially the joint incase the wife is putting her nonsense beauty treatments on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm talking about continuing with crucial negotiations in the middle of a worldwide crisis while the PM is at least semi-capable - no responsible government which genuinely wanted to come out with a solution to best help our economy would be doing that at the moment.

in the case of our leave-voting citizens, they hadn't woken up to anything, in fact they were and are living in the narrow-minded little hate-filled racist world projected onto them by a few right-wing newspaper owners and deceitful politicians.

the only element of a wider force is actually Russia's fake-news involvement plus Trumps' encouragement to leave which when you think about it, in both cases is based on two megalomaniac national leaders trying to undo an important economic and social peace project, for the sake of creating world disruption for their own ends

there's a little bit of accuracy somewhere in terms of some of the EU leaders pushing ever-closer integration but of course that's been greatly distorted and exagerrated, however things like TTIP did admittedly confuse the simple-minded like Corbyn into having doubts
    Then I guess you'd better vote for Labour at the next election and hope that by doing the same thing over and over you'll eventually get a different result.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I guess you'd better vote for Labour at the next election and hope that by doing the same thing over and over you'll eventually get a different result.
    well i can only repeat that if the last election had turned out differently then we would be in a very differnt sitauation right now, precisely because it would be a different set of politicians.

it doesn't matter whether you think it's a good or bad idea to leave the EU i was just using it as a very clear example which contradicts your claim which, once you get rid of all your pseudo-well-infomrmed-analysis, is just you saying 'them politicians is just all the bleedin' same'...'

you could point to any number of changes that have happened under particular governments to show that it was those particular governments and politicians that changed things, back to the creation of the NHS and before, it's not The Force or The Man or David Icke or whoever you think it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i can only repeat that if the last election had turned out differently then we would be in a very differnt sitauation right now, precisely because it would be a different set of politicians.

it doesn't matter whether you think it's a good or bad idea to leave the EU i was just using it as a very clear example which contradicts your claim which, once you get rid of all your pseudo-well-infomrmed-analysis, is just you saying 'them politicians is just all the bleedin' same'...'

you could point to any number of changes that have happened under particular governments to show that it was those particular governments and politicians that changed things, back to the creation of the NHS and before, it's not The Force or The Man or David Icke or whoever you think it is
    So you are suggesting it's a conspiracy theory to propose the world is organised and directed in such a way as to serve the interests of the ruling class. And that, in reality, it is we the people who set the agenda and dictate the outcomes? I could equally call you a conspiracy theorist for holding such outlandish views.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lenny = white
    Carl = Black
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.